How do I stop hating my husband?

He is over critical, over dependent, always yelling anout one thing or another, cusses at me and drives me down. He treats me like a servant, tries to claim he doesn't but he's always barking orders. His way of asking me politely to make him something to eat is to say, "I'm hungry." If something goes wrong it is automatically my fault. He has never been able to hold a job for more than three months and yet when my sales aren't tip top, he gets snooty with me and blames all of our hard times on me. I hate him. If could afford a lawyer and ensure he wouldn't want anything to do with our child, I would leave him in a second. Not looking for answers, just need to vent.

discontented77

Asked by discontented77 at 7:19 PM on Aug. 21, 2010 in Relationships

• Um, OK, but I see no reason why you should NOT hate your husband.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 7:22 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• Just so that you know... you are not alone.... there are others in the same place and feel for you!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:23 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• Sorry you are going through this. Can't you at least separate and worry about the Lawyer stuff later?
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 7:23 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• sorry you are going thru this. I can't offer advice, but just know that you are not alone.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 7:26 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• What you described is verbal/emotional abuse. You and your child/ren will be better off away from this poor excuse for a man. Good luck to you.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 7:26 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• Well, I think I'd give him a reason to be that way, since he's so intent on being such an ass anyway. I'd be a total bitch. If you work, and can hold a job, throw that in his face. When he say's he's hungry, tell him to fix his lazy ass something to eat. I'd get sick of that crap real quick, and I'd give it right back.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 7:27 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• Well since you say you're not looking for answers.. I'll say this I'm sorry. Hopefully you can change him! I recall my DH telling me that's woman's' work!! Wow we talked on that one! Some times you can get one to be different and be the man you want him to be! How many haven't thought of leaving for one or twenty or more reasons!? Here I am almost married 30 years on the 30th. But I got triple negative breast cancer. DH has taken full care of me all year! I'm not able to cook, clean, do the cat boxes and duties and he has with pure Love and patience of a saint! But if you asked me during any other years in our marriage. I'd never believe it! There's always Hope and a chance. But only you can decide what is right for you and your child! I wish and hope it gets much better for you! I wish you your Happiness. And happily ever after..!!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 7:29 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• Sounds like he's not happy with himself. He needs to work harder on his own self esteem in my opinion and maybe he wouldn't be so super criticle of yours
    So sad, sounds like he's miserable just know, Try prayer, That's surely the way to go!!!
    I hate that your feeling so down and low, try really talking to him and letting him know that your doing all you can but it takes two to make the marriage be successful.
    Hope I was a little bit helpful
    flea575

Answer by flea575 at 7:37 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• Have you tried to sit down with him and explain to him how it makes you feel when he treats you that way? If my dh talked to me that way, I simply would not answer or be his servant, if he sounds demanding, I tell him, do it yourself or ask me nicely and say please.
    momov4kids

Answer by momov4kids at 7:37 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• Sorry you are going through this, but to answer your question the best way to stop hating him is probably leaving him.
    cynprz

Answer by cynprz at 7:45 PM on Aug. 21, 2010