You're at a party & drop all your food, what do you do?

You're at a party. Its for immediate family and friends. You're the new girlfriend. Your 52. You get in line right after the guest of honor. You take all the choice foods and delicacies.. Then you drop it all on the floor! What do you do?Oh no. Help clean it? Say you're sorry? Stand there and have your new BF call the busy host to clean it up? Seriously what do you do? You offer to help and apologise right? Not at this party? I'd also wait until immediate family goes through the dinner line! How about you? How embarrassing! Poor thing.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:19 PM on Aug. 21, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Well, first and foremost, I'd make sure to get MORE food! LOL! The clean up would wait until I ate.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 7:21 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• I'd apologize & help clean it up. I'd also not have gone thru line before family, especially as the new girl
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 7:21 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• Say sorry and help clean it up. Say sorry again when you leave. Shit happens to everyone.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 7:21 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• Call the dog over to help clean it up! But seriously, everyone has their moments, just say, "oops, sorry" & ask for something to help clean it up. No biggie- accidents happen.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 7:22 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• apologize, laugh it off and begin scooping the mess back onto my plate... chances are someone will come to assist you from there as far as getting a new plate and cleaning up the remainder of the mess.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:22 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• i would first want to die from embarrassment, and make sure not too many people seen me, then i would clean it up and apologize. i wouldnt expect someone else to clean up my mess. and if someone did that at my party/ get together, i would expect them to at least offer to help clean up, its the polite thing to do
    gothmama91

Answer by gothmama91 at 7:22 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• just so I'm clear mavi, you would make every one else step over the mess you created while you sat there & ate?
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 7:22 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• I would start cleaning it up. I am sure others would begin helping. Apologize profusely and move on. It does not really seem like a big deal. Then I would find a place in line and start all over and be a little bit more careful the next time through. There is usually enough food for everyone and enough for leftovers so I would just take a next tspot in line.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 7:23 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• say sorry then help clean it up then go get back in line for food lol a girl is got to eat lol
    lette24

Answer by lette24 at 7:26 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• when did this happen?
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 7:42 PM on Aug. 21, 2010