the holidays

would it upset you if you had to work on thanksgiving, christmas or new years and didnt have a choice in it?

just wondering i have to work this christmas no matter what. it kinda upsets me bc this is the first christmas that dd will b able to participate in and i have to work . yes i understand that it is all day its just the fact that i dont like to work it.

shortstuff69

Asked by shortstuff69 at 7:30 PM on Aug. 21, 2010 in Holidays

• Yes, I would be very upset.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 7:36 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• I have had to work all of the holidays. It wasn't my favorite thing to do but I was paid to do it. I was blessed to have a job so i didn't complain.
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 7:37 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• If you are religious, then you should be able to get a religious exemption.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:39 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• I worked Easter, Thanksgiving and Christmas, but I chose to. I was home all morning both times.
    tryin2BGOOD

Answer by tryin2BGOOD at 7:41 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• I have not had to work on any holidays ( I was a teacher for yrs), but my dh has been known to work on every holiday for many yrs and will continue to do so if need be... (he's a firefighter) and to us tho it's a special day, we just make our holidays a bit different if the call comes...
    But, if your working is hindering your religious beliefs, then you have the right not to work that day... I would check with your employing hand book or rules...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 11:27 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• i dont mind because its no all day and we still get to have fun before i go in and after i get off.
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 8:05 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• id hate it
    san78

Answer by san78 at 7:39 AM on Oct. 27, 2010