Activities for a 22 month old

I get so bored at home with my daughter and with my newphew (whenever I babysit him) we dont have any money to spend and I live in Az so its pretty hot outside during the day. Do you have any fun activities you play with your children?

KrazyKutie

Asked by KrazyKutie at 7:52 PM on Aug. 21, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Bozo bucket
    build a fort and let her play in it and bring her stuff inside of it
    hide n seek
    coloring with the big crayons or finger painting
    make some playdoh
    let her help cook and bake by mixing
    hot and cold~hide something and then help her find it
    turn up the music and dance
    plant some flowers(you can get a seed packet for less than $1) then let her help water them daily or as needed
    make Christmas cards to send out later
    check and see if the museums and zoos in your area have the free days
    taste test~~have her close her eyes, then feed her a bite of different things, and see if she can guess what it is
    put some of her things in brown lunch bags, and have her reach inside and try to guess what's in there
    see how high you guys can stack stuff, duplo blocks, pillows, cups, she'll probably have more fun knocking it down lol

Well have fun, that's some of the stuff I did with my kiddo when he was
    kksmomma1019

Answer by kksmomma1019 at 8:28 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• finger painting. put them in an oversized old tee, set out the news paper & let them go. =)
    lilmoosesmom

Answer by lilmoosesmom at 8:06 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• Play dress up, color or finger paint, scavenger hunt, play in the tub, dance 2 the music, or sing out loud children songs.
    romona5

Answer by romona5 at 9:59 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• Check out your local library for storytime groups - ours are free and they do so many different activities (all free) that the kids just love. They have groups based on age - the younger groups do stories and songs. The older groups (around 3yrs) have stories and then a craft, etc... There are really good programs available at most libraries that are absolutely free:0)
    momofthreekjs

Answer by momofthreekjs at 11:20 PM on Aug. 21, 2010