What can I do with chicken breasts?

Need a new idea

I often make chicken pot pie, chicken and biscuit, grilled chicken, chicken strips for salads. A lot of times I soak them in italian dressing or lemon pepper marinade.

What kind of ideas do you ladies have for me?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:54 PM on Aug. 21, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I do my chicken up in a frying pan, diced, with your favorite seasonings mixed with veggies of all kinds, my hubby likes that alcohol flavored "vinegar" with it too, personally, I hate it, but if you like zing, that's what you'll get!
    kbishop8688

Answer by kbishop8688 at 7:55 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• Take your chicken strips and make mexican. You can use them in tortilla shells or on a bed of rice and black beans with lettuce, tomatoes, salsa and cheese.
    CorrinaWithrow

Answer by CorrinaWithrow at 7:56 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• I do shake n bake alot too. Or one of those from a box meals, like chicken breast with stuffing.. or I make my own chicken cordue.. (sp) I use hammer out the chicken to make them thinner, add a slice (or half slice) of ham & cheese (Swiss, or Prov. as my son loves both) Roll them up, stick a toothpick through them & bread them. (shake n bake.) & serve with any side that i have on hand. Normally tators, or a pasta roni..

lilmoosesmom

Answer by lilmoosesmom at 7:59 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• Take seasoned rice (follow the directions on the package as far as water), campbell's cream of chicken soup, spices-garlic, salt, pepper (season to your taste) and vegs (I use canned green beans or corn). Mix all these together in a baking pan then place the chicken breast on top of all this. Cover with foil and cook at 400 degrees for about an hour (just make sure the chicken is nice and cooked all the way through but juicy). then take the foil off and COVER in shredded cheese cook just long enough for the cheese to melt.......You can always check the one on campbell's website they have great ideas
    armywife81803

Answer by armywife81803 at 8:01 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• My easiest chicken recipe is cooking up diced chicken and then adding cream of mushroom soup, milk (fill up empty can about 3/4 full of milk) and extra mushrooms and serve over rice. It is really good when I throw the raw chicken, soup mix and milk in the slow cooker on low for 6 -8 hours.
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 8:02 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• *and mushrooms in the slow cooker as well.
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 8:03 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• Cut them length-wise if they're thick, and pan-fry in butter with a little olive oil, kosher salt and pepper until they're crispy and brown.

In a food processor, combine 1.5 cups fresh cilantro, a few tablespoons olive oil, a TBS of chopped garlic, a TSP of lime juice, kosher salt and pepper. Pulse until you make a thick sauce.

Plate with sauce first, then chicken on top, with a side of white rice with cilantro and lime juice.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 8:04 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• Chicken fajitas or chicken cordon bleu(spelling).
    kksmomma1019

Answer by kksmomma1019 at 8:06 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• cube chicken, brown in deep non stick skillet, add cooked rice, soy sauce, a little ginger, a beaten egg. take a bag of stir fry veggies and heat through in a sauce pan, add a little soy sauce, ginger, honey, 2T orange juice concentrate, and a little red pepper flake; you might have to adjust the sauce with a little water. serve the veggies over the rice.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 8:22 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• You could dredge them in panko bread crumbs, top them with mozzarella, bake and serve over pasta and marinara. Or, simmer them in chicken broth with sliced mushrooms and chopped parsley with a little bit of ground pepper. They turn out so juicy and flavorful.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 8:31 PM on Aug. 21, 2010