How do you get your carpet stains out!?

Okay so a new question needed to be asked! We were going to buy our trailer, but my mother in law is moving out and we're going to be renting to own from her! We were originally going to replace the carpet, but if it's not our responsibility I don't want to, but it looks like chit! Any suggestions!?

kbishop8688

Asked by kbishop8688 at 7:54 PM on Aug. 21, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Normally I would say a little window cleaner.. believe it or not. But, I would first suggest that you borrow or rent a steam cleaner/extractor and get some spot cleaner and carpet cleaner.
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 7:56 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• Not sure, anytime we've had our carpets cleaned professionally and on our own the stains go away for awhile, but ALWAYS resurface.
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 7:57 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• Sprinkle w baking soda, use a scrub brush to rub in, let sit for about 5 mins. use steam cleaner, instead of chemicals use vinegar. Go over w/ just water. I've gotten rid of baby & dog poo, random shoe marks, etc. I bought my steam cleaner for about a hundred bucks @ walmart.
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 8:00 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• I'm not afraid to use a little elbow grease, i have tried a scrub brush on my hands and knees, but the dirt keeps comming out, we've lived here for about 2 years now, and it was like this way before we moved in. So when we started renting to own in April, we haven't done anything to the rug cuz we were going to tear it up and put new down..
    kbishop8688

Comment by kbishop8688 (original poster) at 8:00 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• seriously, dry dish detergent ....the kind you put in the dishwasher and warm water mixed together. apply with a cloth or brush or whatever and scrub the crap out of the stain lol make sure you wipe it with a clean wet cloth and let it dry!
    CABlonde

Answer by CABlonde at 9:42 PM on Aug. 21, 2010