Does anyone here use REDBOX? (not an ad.)

The local movie rental places in my town have all shut down. so to rent movies we have to go through our Pay Pre View... & That means 6 dollars or more for one movie. No one I know uses the redbox. But they have popped all over town... & I was wondering what the pro's and cons are of them before we try one...

lilmoosesmom

Asked by lilmoosesmom at 7:55 PM on Aug. 21, 2010 in Entertainment

• My DH and I use red box. we love it. Its only $1 a night and it'll charge you once you return the movie. So if you have it out 3 days you'll be charged $3! There isnt a HUGE selection but theres a good enough one. I suggest you try it out for yourself and see how you like it!
    KrazyKutie

Answer by KrazyKutie at 7:58 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• i use it, have for over a year now.
    pros: $1 a day plus tax, convenient, can return anywhere, free movie rental offers, up to date
    cons: can't think of any
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 7:58 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• They're not bad if you can remember to take them back when you're done. It's a buck a night per movie, and i've never really watched one that was too bad scratched up to watch. I would say that it depends on how much you watch and would pay from them, it could rack up more then a netflix bill would be.. I don't have netflix, but know people that do, and they love it.
    kbishop8688

Answer by kbishop8688 at 7:58 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• So far I havent found a con in redbox, i love it and use it all the time
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 8:01 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• Yah i used it a few times. it takes a $1 out ur bank account for one night-u slide ur debit card or credit card. u get the movie for 24hrs. if its not back by the time it says-itll charge u a $1 a day until it gets returned. and u can return the movies to any redbox. doesnt have to be the same one.
    JaydnsMom22

Answer by JaydnsMom22 at 7:58 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• I use to. I love Netfix way more tho. Its the only thing I use now!
    Amelia512

Answer by Amelia512 at 7:58 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• Use it and LOVE it!
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 8:12 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• I've used it and really like it. I'm a Netflix girl but Redbox comes in good in a pinch in between.

Pros: only a $1 or free if I have a Kroger coupon.
    Con: You have to get them back the next day or pay another dollar.
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 8:15 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• we use it everytime we rent a movie! think about it... even if you went to movie gallery and got a new release for $5-$7 you only get to keep it 2 nights(normally). If you get redbox, you could keep your new release for 5 nights and still be ahead!! You really can't beat it!! :)
    beachbummommy22

Answer by beachbummommy22 at 8:16 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• I love the redbox system the only downfall is sometimes they dont have the best of movies
    LiLJeni

Answer by LiLJeni at 8:52 PM on Aug. 21, 2010