Not enough faith?

My husband travels on the road 100% of the time. It can be anywhere from a few weeks to months at a time. I have four small children. He has been trying to find a local job for the past two years but unable to find one. So his brother tells him that he is not trusting God enough for God to find him a job and my husband needs to just quit and trust God will provide the next one. SO is this a load of craqp or is there truth to it.

motherwanting6

Asked by motherwanting6 at 7:57 PM on Aug. 21, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Load of crap.... is he gonna pay your bills and feed your family too?
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 7:59 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• WOW!  That is the most irresponsible advice he could get.   

beeky

Answer by beeky at 8:00 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• I don't think when you have 4 children you give up the job you have when you don't have another one to go to. I think that is called tempting God rather than trusting God. I don't claim to know all the truth, but based on what I do know, I think it would be wiser to keep the job and keep looking for another one. God may have things to teach you and your husband while you wait for the next job. We just don't know all the answers.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 8:00 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• He's an idiot! Tell him to run into traffic on the freeway praying he won't get hit.
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 8:02 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• I'm sorry but what a shitty thing to say to somebody! In my city, unemployment is at 14.8%. Are these people just not faithful enough? Nope, the economy is crap right now, and good jobs aren't falling out of the air. Do you live in a small town? A few years ago, we were stuck in a pretty bad cycle and we ended up selling our house and moving across the country for a better job and fresh start - one of the best things we've ever done! Praying may bring some people comfort, but remember Doors of opportunity are marked "PUSH". Good luck!
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 8:05 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• I wouldn't follow it. Im not a believer in God, but thats my choice, but even if I was i dont think, he should quit. If God has better plans it will come out in time. He shouldn't just up & quit his job & wait around. He needs to be able to give his family a home, food, clothes... He needs to work. If he keeps looking, he'll find something.
    lilmoosesmom

Answer by lilmoosesmom at 8:09 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• I think faith is very important, but faith isn't a magic genie lamp where you get everything you want when you want it.   If it were me I would have faith that something would come along, but I'd also be looking for hard for another job, and maybe also consider another line of work altogether. 

Many people are out of work right now, it's a rough time for everyone, but I don't just have faith when I get what I want, to me faith is  important during challenging times too. 

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 8:37 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• I think that is one of the stupidest things I have ever heard
    LiLJeni

Answer by LiLJeni at 8:50 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• the bible states that seek the kingdom first and all these things (food shelter) will be added to you. The bible also states that a man is to support his family.

I dont think he should leave his job until he can secure another. I do believe that if you follow God's word and have faith in Him, that He will take care of you. If hubby continues praying and having faith maybe God will help him with another job so that he can be close with his family. on the other hand there are people that dont follow God's word and still are able to find work. It's just really difficult right now find work. Keep your chin up and if you guys are religious then continue praying and having faith. Hope everything works out ok for you and your family.
    proudmomma777

Answer by proudmomma777 at 9:17 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• RyansMom said it all. God does help us, but He expects us to take action, as well. I hope he knows better than to listen to that advice. We had no income for almost five months, but it was my faith in God that kept me from panicking and despairing. Just enough money came through at just the right times, and we never missed a house payment or paid a bill late. We got a settlement for a traffic accident, there was some money left from my PELL grant since I'd brought in an outside scholarship, and little refunds came in the mail here and there - just enough. God took care of us, but my husband continued looking for a job. He eventually found one. Hang in there, and just support him while he keeps trying!
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 9:35 PM on Aug. 21, 2010