How long does an LH surge last?

we are TTC, and we are trying to up out chances for a girl by DTD from day 3 of my cycle until about 48 hours before I ovulate. I have been taking ovulation tests every morning and they have all been negative. I took one on day 12 at 2am (dont really know why, I woke up having to pee and figured I would take it, lol) it was negative. that was my last one and I didn't get a chance to get more until 2pm the next day, so I couldn't test for about 36 hours :( when I took my next one it was also negative and now I'm worried I missed the LH surge. I'm on day 13 now and having cramping which can mean I'm ovulating, right? I think just to be safe we should not DTD until I know for sure I have ovulated, I'm just worried that will be in a few days and then we will definitely not get pregnant this month. I know LH surges can last for days, but they can also be very short, right?!

MaMa-niCOOL

Asked by MaMa-niCOOL at 8:00 PM on Aug. 21, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

Level 1 (-3 Credits)
  • The peak lasts 12-24 hours. You might have missed it, though sometimes you don't ovulate and you may see a rise again.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 8:04 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• I have a (usually) 27 day cycle, and Im on day 13. I know everyone is different but doesn't ovulation usually occur from day 10 to day 14?
    MaMa-niCOOL

Comment by MaMa-niCOOL (original poster) at 8:09 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• I would keep going at least through day 17...
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:34 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• If your worried baby dance just to make sure ;0)
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:35 PM on Aug. 21, 2010