5 year old asks how baby comes out....?

So how should I best explain this to her at this age? She knows the doctor helps take it out. I also after further interigation last night told her mommies have special girl parts that the baby comes from. Is this an okay way to explain it? What else (I am pregnant and she is getting curious) I just know your not suppose to give them more details than they ask for but she does keep asking the same question like that answers I have given arent good enough....So what to tell her from here?

hotrodmomma

Asked by hotrodmomma at 8:05 PM on Aug. 21, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I have a 4yo who hasn't asked yet, but I'm sure he will, so I'm curious to see what everyone says.
    kksmomma1019

Answer by kksmomma1019 at 8:08 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• LOL..good luck, the cat got my tongue when my 10 year old son asked..so I can just imagine how you feel for your 5 year old to ask. If youre having a hard time figuring out what to say ans how to say it..I found that the best thing for me was to go to the library and check out some kid friendly books on how a baby is born. There are ones that come gently illustrated.
    Hope this helps. :)
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 8:08 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• I think she can handle it at 5 just don't give the gross blood and placenta details.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 8:08 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• My 7 year old recently asked this and I just told her that the doctors in the hospital get the baby out and she seemed satisfied with that answer.....she didn't ask anymore questions, so I didn't say anything else about it. She happily moved on to something else oblivious to the fact that there could be more.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 8:10 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• I told my 2 and 3 year old that babies grow inside mommy until they get too big to fit anymore. Then mommy pushes them out through a hole and then they get to meet the baby! They thought that was pretty neat!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 8:11 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• Well, 2 books come to mind. one is What to Expect when mommy is having a baby the other is Amazing You. I suggest reading both an d deciding which on is best for your daughter.

But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:13 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• I just told them that "theres a baby inside mommy and it grows just like you but after a while it gets too big and has to come out my girly parts, and the doctor helps. then the baby gets to come home after I we are all better"
    Almostmom

Answer by Almostmom at 8:18 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• I told my 8 year old that woman have a birth canal like a water slide. He thought that was cool and left it at that.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 8:31 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• I like almostmoms answer. It would be what I would tell my children when they start to ask. I dont like to keep truths from them
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 8:47 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• Since I have to have c-sections, we told my oldest that they cut the baby from the belly-thank goodness my youngest is too young to ask for this one I am preggo with now lol
    AnasMommy7

Answer by AnasMommy7 at 9:12 PM on Aug. 21, 2010