This is one of the stupidest things I've ever heard...

I read an advice column article that said presents should not be opened at birthday parties because no one wants to watch the birthday child open the gifts. It's boring she said. What do you think? My kids have always been excited to see the other kid open their gift.

Raine2001

Asked by Raine2001 at 8:17 PM on Aug. 21, 2010 in Just for Fun

• i like seeing what they get reather it be my god son or someone else..shes crazy
    liljess09

Answer by liljess09 at 8:18 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• I always have my children open their gifts in front of their friends. Kids love watching their friends open the gifts they've given them. That advice sounds like it's coming from an adult who forgot what it's like to be a kid.
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 8:19 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• I guess it kind of depends on how many guests are there. My darling friend invites 50 + children (plus parents) to her children's' parties, and that is a lot for the birthday child and their guests to sit through.
    blessedwithree

Answer by blessedwithree at 8:19 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• I think everyone does it, including us, but it is very boring for the kids and adults.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 8:19 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• I agree with blessedwithree...It depends on the size of the party. There's no way I could sit through all those presents, let alone my son, lol.
    beachbummommy22

Answer by beachbummommy22 at 8:21 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• I find it boring as heck.
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 8:22 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• I've always enjoyed it. What about wedding and baby showers, are people bored to death at those?
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 8:24 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• Usually I have people asking me when my DS is going to be opening his presents....but his party always has a small number of people. Maybe when he is older and has bigger parties I won't have him open presents during the party.
    HistoryPixie

Answer by HistoryPixie at 8:26 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• I've never done that. They always open their gifts in front of friends and family. I think the kids who bring the gifts like to see that their gift was appreciated. It is boring, but I would not invite kids to a party and not have present time.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 8:27 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• I like to see peoples reactions to their gifts. It also helps to get a feel for what they like if you dont already know
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 8:40 PM on Aug. 21, 2010