Has anyone experience a child who doesnt realise that he/she has body order every day help me with this issue please

bad body ordor, puberty teen experience

revmaria

Asked by revmaria at 8:22 PM on Aug. 21, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• Tell them they stink and make them take a shower. Nothing else I can think of to say, sorry.
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 8:23 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• Oh, and just make sure they know how to clean everything properly and make them use deoderant.
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 8:24 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• If it's your own child- just speak up- or buy some deodorant & give it to them, while saying something like: "Here honey, I thought you could use this-no offense." Some kids get so used to their own smells, they don't realize it's offensive to others. You are really doing them a favor by sparing them the harsh criticism of their peers.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 8:25 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• Lots of them go through this phase. One of my boys was way worse than the other. We finally just made the rules about it. They were required to shower evewry day. Hair MUST be washed at least every three days. Anti=perspirant everyday. If they didn't the lost priviledges and STILL had to shower. It only took one time of Dad taking one of them in the bathroom and scrubbing him to get the clue tha twe weren't kidding.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 8:26 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• I am going to buy mine his own "special" kind like axe, and let him pick out the --scent--, all of this stuff, like body gel, shampoo, and deodorant. It's like he will be in charge of that choosing --''thing'''.
    coffeeyum

Answer by coffeeyum at 8:33 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• I don't think adding perfume to the stink will make it any better. I agree with the green eyed grandma.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 8:36 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• sad to say, but I agree with the first one. I've tried over and over to get them to remember to use deoderant, or even take showers regularly (verbally or with signs) and sometimes we just have to flat out tell em "Dude, you stink". They get irritated but they go take car e it. And I promise, among peers at school, those kids are gonna be far less sensitive to their feelings.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 5:16 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

• Well you have to tell them or one of thier friends will and that will make them feel SO bad. It should come from you! Buy them deoderant, body wash, and perfume/cologne for the odor. Make sure that you explain to them that it is normal and everyone gets it. Also point out that the products will help them if they use them right and make sure they know when and how to use them.

If it is a daughter I would also buy her feminine wash and spray for "down there" and maybe even use this oppurtunity to warn her that her period might come soon.
    amber710

Answer by amber710 at 11:50 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• its a teenage boy thing. I have to literally stand over him in the shower and force him to use deoderant. Although now that he
    's 14 and discovered girls, he's always in there. Buy him some AXE it really covers up teenage boy smell great.
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 11:58 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• yeah just stand there and bathe them if you have too. purchase powder, deodorant and spray till they get it.gl
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 8:32 PM on Aug. 23, 2010