Have you ever fostered an animal?

I can't stand to see them hit on the road, so I pick them up and try to find the owner. If I can't find the owner, I keep it until it finds a forever home. I have done this with 6 or more dogs in the last year or so.

dancinintherain

Asked by dancinintherain at 8:25 PM on Aug. 21, 2010 in Pets

• I have a foster dog right now. He is an australian shepard. I foster for a group called "Recycled Love". They pull animals from the shelters before they are put down and put them in foster homes. I have had lots of dogs and two litters of kittens so far. I love doing it, no matter how hard it can be. All of my pets are rescues and I want to help as many animals as I can find homes. The kids love doing it too. My daughter (5) likes to teach the dogs new tricks while they are here.
    Carajust

Answer by Carajust at 8:37 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• awww, I have fostered a baby bird, but never a "drop off" I have never had the chance to. My husband took in a dog that didn't have an owner, and she's great, but lives with my mother in law because she's temperamental around my DD.
    kbishop8688

Answer by kbishop8688 at 8:29 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• I haven't, but when I was in college my mom fostered 3 newborn kittens. You would think kittens would be fun, but not newborn kittens. They needed to be fed every few hours through the night and had horrible diarrhea, so they weren't nice to hold either. I love kittens and I didn't even want to touch them. But they all ended up ok and found good homes.
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 8:33 PM on Aug. 21, 2010