What will the first contraction feel like AHH im scared!!

mikesjessica

Asked by mikesjessica at 3:45 PM on Oct. 8, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Don't be scared! They start out feeling a lot like indigestion or period cramps. Then they get more frequent and more intense. They're only really bad for a relatively short period of time right before you deliver, called transistion.

I was terrified of the pain of childbirth when I was pregnant with my first. When it was over, I was like, that's it? I had been expecting it to be much worse. I mean, yes it hurt, but I've had migraines that were more painful and lasted longer.

You'll be ok.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 3:49 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• Well contractions feel like menstrual cramps but way more intense.
    Anonymous

• Mine felt like I was getting that diarreah feeling in my lower back.. I actually got up to go poo, then ten minutes later the same feeling. It was contractions. Labor on the other hand- HURTS. But, its not as bad as you'd think, its more mental because they are so strong you cant control the pain. Get an epidural. You wont feel much until your about to deliver, than its mostly dull feelings of the contractions and the baby physically coming out.
    ZoeKatsMom

Answer by ZoeKatsMom at 3:50 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• they start out not being so bad, they get stronger and closer together as labor progresses. it really is a mental thing i agree! you just have to relax and go with the flow.
    CNehneva

Answer by CNehneva at 4:00 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• it is different for everyone. I had back labor, mine felt about 10 times as bad as my worse day of cramping.and i would suggest not to get an epidural unless you want one. i didnt have one and i am so glad my baby didnt come out all drugged up.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 4:18 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• They start out mild, like your Braxton-Hicks contractions, then they start getting closer together and stronger.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 4:22 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• i dont remember the first one but i know they got so bad i was screaming at everyone but i hate pain cant handle it at all lol
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 5:12 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• My first one was very intense, in my low back...felt like someone stabbed me...then my water broke about ten minutes later. Abdominal contractions started about thirty minutes after that....everyone is different, though!
    walkersmomma

Answer by walkersmomma at 12:14 PM on Oct. 11, 2008