Anyone had or having a Trisomy 18 baby?

I have a 2 year old, I had a T 18 baby that I lost at 29 weeks preggo and now I'm preggo again. Any advice?

AshJoe05

Asked by AshJoe05 at 3:46 PM on Oct. 8, 2008 in Pregnancy

• My friend carried her baby to term with Trisomy 18. She lived for 2 hours and 53 precious minutes. All you can really do is stay positive, try not worry (I know easier said than done) and hopefully this one does not show signs of the Trisomy. ((hugs))
    foytix

Answer by foytix at 5:06 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• I hope not too... they say the risk is low for it happening again...
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 5:11 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• I had the genetics testing done after my T18 angel, Rabecca. This is my 5th pregnancy. When I went in the risk for T18 was 1:112. When I did an early blood test my risk dropped to 1:2221!! YEA!!! It is only higher if you or your husband may be a carrier. Have you done any tests to see if that was the case for you? ~hugs~
    julie_ann

Answer by julie_ann at 3:31 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• Hoping all has turned out well for you. I lost my son to Trisomy 18 last Dec 7, 2007 he was full term. We found out 2 months prior and they said he would never go to term. It has been a year and we just started trying to get pregnant again! When our amnio was done the doctor said that neither me or my husband appeared to be a carrier, but we are older parents and I am scared to death of it happening again....I totally understand how you feel and I wish the very best for you. Please let me know how it goes.
    texas1997

Answer by texas1997 at 9:29 PM on Jan. 2, 2009