How many times did you test "negative" on a pregnancy test and ended up being pregnant after all??

We are currently ttc, and I have been off the pill since January. Hubby got back from deployment in late May, so we basically just started on my first ovulation cycle. Ever since I have been off the pill, my cycle days are still quite regular... varying from 27-30 day cycles. This month I am one week late, but have been having "PMS" symptoms for almost 2 weeks now!! But no period! So, I got a little anxious and took a test, twice, but nope... both times it just gave me one line. I guess I could just be really late this month, and I'm getting a bit too hopeful. I just wanted to see if any of you have tested negative quite a few times, and then find out a week or a few weeks later that you're actually pregnant.

Silvia1011

Asked by Silvia1011 at 7:58 AM on Jun. 30, 2008 in Pregnancy

• i have not had this happen, but you should probably call your doctor
    mamasd

Answer by mamasd at 9:38 AM on Jun. 30, 2008

• Yup did this almost three years ago even had a blood test done and all was negative-one week later took that last home test and it was positive-we went through three boxes of home tests,the health dept,the crisis center,1 blood test and a trip to the hospital for something else that resulted in a test the lab sults came back after i left and they never called me to tell us we where preggers needless to say it can happen.
    SUPERMOM.

Answer by SUPERMOM. at 9:51 AM on Jun. 30, 2008

• I took a home test and there was a faint second line. So we made an appt at the doctor for that afternoon. Blood work came back neg!! I "knew" I was pregnant! So I took another home test 2 days later it was neg! One week later took another it was posistive ended up taking 3 more which were all posistive ( no doubt b/c they were digital). Went to the health dept and it was posistive. So it can happen!! Good Luck
    Babyclark08

Answer by Babyclark08 at 10:47 AM on Jun. 30, 2008

• I had 3 or 4 negatives with this one before I finally got a positive, I'd give it another 4 or 5 five days and then try again :o)
    verybestmommy

Answer by verybestmommy at 11:14 AM on Jun. 30, 2008

• A friend of mine went through 10 tests that all showed negative. She went to the doctor and the test was negative. She just felt like she was prego, and the only way they could actually tell was by doing an internal. She never did have a positive test, but has a beautiful 4yo little girl.
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 11:27 AM on Jun. 30, 2008

• LOL, I was a little over 4 months preggo when I FINALLY got a definite yes! I have always been really irregular sometimes skipping months at a time. Many negative tests and yet i have a 10 year old daughter!
    megtre

Answer by megtre at 11:51 AM on Jun. 30, 2008

• I got a false negative because I took the test to soon after drinking a bunch of water. Are you taking the test first thing in the morning?? That is the best time because the hormone that needs to be detected is at its' most concentrated point in the A.M. Good luck! If you haven't gotten your period within a week or so just have a blood test done they are far more accurate.
    kfroz0415

Answer by kfroz0415 at 12:04 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• Yes, I took a test first thing this morning and one yesterday. They both said negative. I'm going to wait one more week I guess, and then I'll take another test. Who knows, i might end up getting my period this week... it just might be delayed. I'm very regular, but I guess you can have off months? I'm trying my hardest not to think about pregnancy, because it's just getting me all anxious and stressed Lol!
    Silvia1011

Answer by Silvia1011 at 12:10 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• i took a home test four different times and it still showed up negative. then the fifth showed up I was pregnant. To find out i was a little over two months pregnant and didn't know why they all kept coming up negative when I was a positive.
    mommy-in-pink

Answer by mommy-in-pink at 12:42 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• I didn't test positive on home tests until I was 8 weeks along with my daughter. I took 6 tests within weeks and days of each other. This time I found out 2 days before my period!
    aryn12205

Answer by aryn12205 at 3:06 PM on Jun. 30, 2008