Just curious

I went in the same day I delivered. hospitals have visiting hours, so what if you have like 6 people that want to be there after you deliver at like 1am?

kbishop8688

Asked by kbishop8688 at 8:56 PM on Aug. 21, 2010 in Pregnancy

• At my hospital they let all extended family and friends wait in the waiting room and then they bring the baby to the nursery and everyone can see the baby there. No more then 2 people can come in the L&D room with you and then they send you right to maternity.
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 8:58 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• hmmmm, anytime my sister's went into delivery my mom was always there, but she went into the room for the delivery, and wasn't really "visitor" because she was there for support. So, I was just wondering.
    kbishop8688

Comment by kbishop8688 (original poster) at 9:00 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• We had family sleeping in the waiting room. They took turns visiting me during labor...then after the baby was born they all went to the nursery window to see....no one ever mentioned a time or anything to anyone.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 9:09 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• My hospital allowed certain people to be there for the delivery (I let them know ahead of time who I wanted to be there). The rest had to wait until visiting hours started.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 9:15 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• It depends on the policy of the hospital. You will need to find out from them.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 9:16 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• Visiting hours in L&D in most hospitals only apply to visiting you in your room, anyone can visit through the nursery window. Unless, of course those "visitors" are included in your approved birth plan. :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 9:30 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• I was in labor for 44 hours, my hospital let everyone stay in the waiting room and had no problem letting them come back after i gave birth at 1244am... i guess it just all depends on the hospital and staff.
    AmandaBug

Answer by AmandaBug at 10:04 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• Do you prefer the hospital?
    (You can avoid all that stuff by using a birth center or having a homebirth.)
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 2:02 AM on Aug. 22, 2010