When do you start decorating for the Holiday season?

Halloween is my favorite it kicks off the festive decorations that last through January!

blessedwithree

Asked by blessedwithree at 8:58 PM on Aug. 21, 2010 in Holidays

• We lover Halloween and we're chomping at the bit wanting the Halloween stores to open NOW. Big Lots already has some Halloween stuff out though and we just bought some new decos and put them up, so I guess we've alread started!
    jessradtke

Answer by jessradtke at 9:07 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• MrsLeftlane.... I don't let the commercialization eek its way into my house.... Most of my stuff I have, I have had for what seems like forever or I have made them. Its the time of year my talents get showcased...LOL... I think I have made almost every ornament on my trees!
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 9:05 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• I slowly transform my home starting the first week of September.... Halloween is the highlight of the year for me so it stays up until I decorate for Yule/Christmas the first week of December. Christmas has been tough the last couple of years so it takes a lot for me to get in the mood to decorate for that.
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 9:02 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• i starting last week of sept. with halloween decorations and everything set out early nov.to have ready on thanksgiving evening if i'm not adding something new,decorations stay up past christmas so new yrs. / christmas stuff is out on new years eve(well table decor/ balloons isnew yrs.decorations) and i plan decorating even as my children reach adulthood my parents, and grandparents still decorate even though all of their children are grown with grandchildren i don't plan on stopping.
    1LovelyAngel

Answer by 1LovelyAngel at 9:25 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• Halloween usually starts mid of September with fall stuff and Halloween. The fall stuff stays out and I add a few turkeys. The Chrsitmas and winter stuff comes out ASAP after turkey. Xmas goes up on 26th, because by then I the kids and animals have annoyed me to death with the decore. The winter stuff goes up in mid FEB.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 10:07 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• first week in oct for halloween and then the first week of december
    regian19832002

Answer by regian19832002 at 1:15 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

• First week in Dec.
    AnasMommy7

Answer by AnasMommy7 at 8:58 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• Halloween, I wait until about the second week of October. I don't want Halloween things out too early. But after that the Thanksgiving stuff comes out. Then the weekend after Thanksgiving we go all out with the Christmas. We are in this big old Victorian home now, renting, I hope we are here for that stretch to decorate it LOl If not, that's fine, but it would be fun.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 9:00 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• I don't do many decorations for Halloween.

But Christmas I start decorating for the weekend of Thanksgiving. :)
    ARmom

Answer by ARmom at 9:05 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• Truthfully I don't any more. Sence my DD's became Adults. Do not see the need. Holidays are for kids to me.

Answer by louise2 at 9:14 PM on Aug. 21, 2010