does any one have endometriosis?

how long have you had it ? and are you in pain? how did you get it if you know?

twimommy

Asked by twimommy at 9:14 PM on Aug. 21, 2010 in Health

• I think I had it since day one. It runs in my family. I bleed a lot, horrible cramps, and back pain. I had a hysterectomy at 29.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 9:28 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• I am 38 and have had Endo and PCOS since I started my period at age 11, well over 25yrs. I have been in pain since day 1. Birth Conrtrol helps to a certain extent along with pain meds. Also, having laporoscopy surgeries to remove the growths and cysyts do help a little bit but for only a short period of time but nothing will make it ever go away. It is a lifetime condition. Even if you have a hysterectomy the Endo can possibly grow on any of your internal organs. It is something you are born with and not something that you just get. It has been said by my many specialist that it is hereditary but if your doctor isn't a specialist in this field they will/may say otherwise. Find a specialist to help you.
    Congenial

Answer by Congenial at 9:35 PM on Aug. 21, 2010