Do you have a tag for your child?

I have a metal tag that I put on the kids in big crowded places. It has our phone numbers and their name. They both know our address and phone number, but I am afraid they will forget if they are scared or lost.

dancinintherain

Asked by dancinintherain at 9:33 PM on Aug. 21, 2010 in General Parenting

• No. But that is a good idea.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 10:00 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• My kids are a little older, so no tag, but then, they are NEVER out of our sight, for a second!! :O)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 9:35 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• I'm kinda torn about doing something like that. What if they lose their jacket with their name and addy on it and some creep finds it? I know that sounds paranoid but crazy shit like that happens all the time. But then again it could help you find them if they get lost too. So that's why it's hard for me to decide if I would do that or not.
    GinNTonic

Answer by GinNTonic at 9:45 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• I just put the name and phone number in the jackets.
    dancinintherain

Comment by dancinintherain (original poster) at 9:49 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• I don't normally go anywhere my kids would be lost, but when I took my oldest to Disneyland when he was 6 I wrote his name and my cell number on the bottoms of his feet and told him to find a cast member or another mom and let her know where to look. This way the info is with him, but no one can get ahold of it unless its truly an emergency.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 9:53 PM on Aug. 21, 2010