dvd players in the car

Does anyone have a dvd player in their car for their child that is 14 months (or near that)? My daughter is a big complainer in the car and someone mentioned that I try the dvd player. If so, what dvd's do you show?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:34 PM on Aug. 21, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• We usually show Disney DVDs and other kids movies on ours, but my kids are older than yours. We only use it on trips of about 100 miles or more.
    andrea96

Answer by andrea96 at 9:36 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• I actually had a tv in my conversion van... you think it would have been great....no, it caused my sons to suffer from motion sickness.
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 9:44 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• My daughter's had a portable dvd player that my dad found and gave her just after she turned 2. It had some fairly odd parents, some animal planet and some discovery channel dvd's with it. He found a newer one in a storage unit he cleaned ou when she was 3 so she uses that one now. It's neat, handheld, has a case that holds it and the movies with a clear screen for watching and headphones. I'd recommend that over a car one. She takes it in when we're waiting at appointments too.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 9:48 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• DVD players are a great thing to keep little kiddos attention in the car.
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 10:00 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• We have one... We dont use it to run right across town though. My little guy is older now though. We played his favorite movies, we still do, only now hes big enough to use the headphones so we dont have to hear it. If you get one, make sure you play movies that you can stand to hear!!!!
    lilmoosesmom

Answer by lilmoosesmom at 11:32 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• we have one, we really only use it if we are gonna be gone awhile. I usually show some kind of educational movie.
    stressedmomma13

Answer by stressedmomma13 at 1:49 PM on Aug. 22, 2010