Neighbor's dog...again

So I went to my neighbor to ask him nicely to please keep his dog quiet at night and he refused to believe it was HIS dog thats barking...but he also said he can "sleep thru anything"...so he basically said he isn't going to do a thing. I heard the dog again last night at 3am! I was up for an hour and half! Is it time to call the police? I don't want to start a war. I don't want trouble just the dog to shut up. Is that so much to ask?

HayleyGM

Asked by HayleyGM at 4:02 PM on Oct. 8, 2008 in Pets

• make a suggestion for a shock collar!
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 4:06 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• haha that'd be nice but he won't even admitt its his freakin dog! much less put a shock collar on it. i was thinking muzzle would be good, just at night. i doubt he will do anything....truthfully.
    HayleyGM

Answer by HayleyGM at 4:08 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• every time the dog keeps you awake get up go to their house ring the door bell tell some one answers it...Tell them to shut their dog up. That might work

Answer by louise2 at 4:09 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• Tape his dog barking at night. The next day, leave to go get a coffe or go to work and play it all day/evening/whenever he is home and awake at full volume on your stereo with the window open.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 4:21 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• Or the previous answer about knocking on their door. I like that.
    riotgrrl

• I like the idea abot the tape recording! She said he sleeps thru it and has already spoken to this guy! I would report him to the dog control police. There has to be an ordenice for such noise at that hr. Good luck!
    doglovergranny

Answer by doglovergranny at 4:30 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• shoot the dog!

i bet you the dog will never bark again!
    Anonymous

• The above answer was hideous. Even if it was a joke. Just totally uncalled for. I say call animal control, you can report anonymously.

chillemi78

Answer by chillemi78 at 5:15 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• Some very funny answers.. but I do like ringing their door bell... Knowing the way things are though, you'd probably get shot...
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 5:51 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• I have lived that nightmare. In my experience, I asked the neighbor to try to do something different with their dogs because they were barking all day and all night, she told me to go to he**. The stinkin' dogs were not only barking but they are right outside my childrens bedroom windows, so my kids couldn't sleep at night. Well things got ugly. I should have just started calling the cops instead of confronting her about it. It's been 2 years, they are better about not leaving the dogs out all night, but we now hate each other. My advice, call animal control and see what they suggest and start with their advice first and proceed from there. However, I do like the ringing the door bell idea too.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 8:50 PM on Oct. 8, 2008