has anyone

Has anyone if anyone is on medicaid had the issue were they seem to either make u go in circles or they are blowing you off?

cause i went to one place they told me they only have someone in between 8-10 on tuesdays and 1-3 on wednesdays and than the other says u have to have an appointment and u call they dont want to u to call more than once say they will call between 24 -48 hrs and 2 weeks later no word from them?

Mommy2Be1212009

Asked by Mommy2Be1212009 at 4:04 PM on Oct. 8, 2008 in Pregnancy

• on tuesday or wednesday and make an appointment. is this your obgyn office?? if so, i would tell you to change, but the chances of another office picking you up this late in the pregnancy is going to be tough to find. i would be calling EVERY SINGLE DAY....
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 4:15 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• its not even that its the insurance that the government offers and the one that is only in on those days will only help me fill it out but wont help if i get it or not
    the other one ive left messages to set up the appointment but nothing wat so ever as in getting back to me i got refused by my obgyn cause i had no insurance and i couldnt pay the 400 dollars right than
    Mommy2Be1212009

Answer by Mommy2Be1212009 at 4:18 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• ok for one.... get on medicaid's butts. Believe me i have medicaid and unless i was calling them all the time aggravating them to death they wouldn't get moving. i moved from ohio (where i had no trouble getting medicaid) to Florida. When we moved i was 19 weeks pregnant and HAD to see an OB asap. So i didn't let up on medicaid until they said i was approved and i had my letter :) They can't "stop" you from calling because it's America and we have freedoms. i would keep calling until i talked to someone.
    Zacherysmommy08

Answer by Zacherysmommy08 at 4:31 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• thank you i was so emotionally stressed yesterday about it that i was in tears and i been driving around most the day trying to get them to help me out
    Mommy2Be1212009

Answer by Mommy2Be1212009 at 4:37 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• my friend had that problem it took her a month to finally do anything. me i went to dfcs took them proof of preg. filled out a set of papers and i had it 7 days later. you could also go to heath dept. they would do a pg test there and if is shows that you are p they normally do the paperwork there and you have a medicaid number whenyou leave that day.
    edgpag

Answer by edgpag at 4:38 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• I had to call medicaid 4 times straight before someone would talk to me. And i went up to the office 3 times. Finally I got my medicaid, i got really frustrated to. So don't worry about it. Since you are pregnant... they can't deny you. :)
    Zacherysmommy08

Answer by Zacherysmommy08 at 5:20 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• Yes.. It's because you are on medicaid. Just wait until you go to the hospital, it gets worse. Sorry to tell ya. They don't want you there. They know they will not get paid for their services, so they just don't care. It's our system. Like it or not.
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 5:50 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• im not on medicaid yet and the obgyn declined causei didnt have the 400 at that moment its medicaid whose blowin me off and making me go around in circles
    Mommy2Be1212009

Answer by Mommy2Be1212009 at 6:28 PM on Oct. 8, 2008