Yellowish spots on Scalp

I have 15 month old twin boys and when washing their hair I noticed that they have yellowish looking spots on their scalps, it appears to be dry and scalely, I have tried everything that I can think of to get rid of it, from using oils, then combing it out, to using Dandriff shampoo, that was recommended by the doctor. I am not sure what else I can do at this point and need advice. Is it just dry skin or something mor serious? Is is Cradle Cap?

Doubleaamom

Asked by Doubleaamom at 4:07 PM on Oct. 8, 2008 in Kids' Health

• That is craddle cap. Both of my children got it. When I would wash their hair I would work a circle motion with the tips of my fingers using my nails ever so gently. It will start to come off on it's own. I mostly saw it by their soft spots b/c I was so scared of touching them there on the head. Lotion or light oil works to help hide it.
    mama_lou

Answer by mama_lou at 4:16 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• Its cradle cap. Nothing to be worried about. You can buy a shampoo at walmart for cradle cap is should be in the baby section. My twins had it too and I would use my finger nails to scrape it off. Its normal.
    Anonymous

• Cradle cap. The oil treatment does work but you have to do it more than once. My 2 yr old still gets it once in a while.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 4:18 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• It's Cradle Cap... Looks yucky, but nothing serious... I always used a little baby oil...
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 5:43 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• Cradle cap! I've heard selson blue gets rid of it.
    Autumn22

Answer by Autumn22 at 11:33 PM on Oct. 8, 2008