I know this is a little gross, but how do you make a baby *13 months* stop gagging himself to throwup?

Levancha

Asked by Levancha at 10:23 PM on Aug. 21, 2010 in Health

• My son is 15 months now and went through that phase. I just had to keep removing his fingers from his mouth and saying no. He doesn't do it anymore, but i've read that it is normal. Hopefully your baby gets through it quickly!
    bethm09

Answer by bethm09 at 10:33 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• Yeah my DD went through it too. When she would stick her fingers down her throat, I would tell her firmly NO and remove her fingers, and distract her. She didn't do it long. I can't imagine throw-up tastes that good!
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 10:49 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• I need a little more information. Is he doing this when eating? Is it related to not wanting to eat at the time or not wanting to eat what's served? Or is this something he's doing for attention? Or is this just a new trick he's learned and he's enjoying practicing some level of control over his body?

What to do in this situation depends on what is causing it.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 10:54 PM on Aug. 21, 2010