I live with family. How do I find out if this house is in foreclosure? I think they are in denial.

My family moved in with them to save money. They didn't tell us they were having money problems and I think they are in denial about their finances. I know the house is either in or about to be in foreclosure so how do I find out the details if I can't get it from them?

MamaChamp

Asked by MamaChamp at 10:30 PM on Aug. 21, 2010 in Money & Work

• To find out if the house is in foreclosure all you need to do is a check on the clerk of courts website for your county, normally there is a link to foreclosures there. Simply search the address. Foreclosure filings are public records.
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 10:32 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• www.usa-foreclosure.com is where we searched when we were looking at a house that was foreclosed to come back on the market. Not all states are listed though. Sometimes just doing an address search on google can pull up any public records filed.
    Dakee

Answer by Dakee at 12:20 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

• Wow, sorry girl! This sounds like good info that you can use though!
    camtri3

Answer by camtri3 at 1:01 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

• search MLS listings in your area (real estate).they have a special tag with all forclosures listed. it can take months for it to be posted though. you can also drive by the house and see if its for sale. call the real estate or bank listed and act like your an interested buyer. ask "is this a forclosure"?
    lillie70

Answer by lillie70 at 2:34 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• Sorry it took me so long to come back here. We are making lots of decisions right now! And these are great ideas. Thanks ladies!
    MamaChamp

Comment by MamaChamp (original poster) at 12:08 PM on Aug. 23, 2010