Legit opportunities????

I am an independent consultant for two companies and I advertises them for several hours a day. All I make at the end of the month is an average of $40. I know that my heart is in it. However, I'm not seeing great results from all my efforts.

I've looked into the survey sites but they are not my thing. Neither is those health care product companies. Now I'm considering moving on to a work from home JOB where I get paid for the time I work. Still not sure if that will help to bring in $200 a month.

Why is it so hard to find a legit opportunity that you can actually make decent money from home? Please don't invite me to join your business!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:08 PM on Oct. 8, 2008 in Money & Work

• It isn't neccessarily the opportunity it is the way you market your business. The money is not is selling the products but in generating other consultants. So instead of marketing your product, you have to market yourself to other people. Meaning the first thing that should be offered is not your product but what YOU can do for your prospects. If you are not sure how to go about marketing yourself, it is time to seek out a good mentor on building your business before you go forward.
    tpalmer

Answer by tpalmer at 4:15 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• It IS really hard, and I think part of it is because the market is so saturated... there are SO many people who want to work from home, it's hard to find the REAL jobs.

I found a couple of writing jobs on the board at http://jobs.problogger.net ... if you're interested in writing, maybe try looking there? Some of it is crap, but good jobs get posted now and then!

Also check out the about.com "become a guide" page. They pay really well if you get the job, but you really do have to be an expert in the subject area! http://beaguide.about.com/
    ChapelleCDH

Answer by ChapelleCDH at 4:21 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• Remember that it takes time to build your business. You can't expect it to happen over night. I am doing GREAT with my home business. I hope you can find your nitch:))
    sassyhettel

Answer by sassyhettel at 4:58 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• Girl, I have two really great ideas... One, is a Wedding Planner... Google it, you can do it from your home and there is plenty of information for you to get on the internet. I thought about it, but I do not have an interest in weddings. Two, is a Home Inventory Consultant. You can google that too.. You can work with Insurance Companies, lawyers etc... to help get your name out there.. Good Luck...
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 5:41 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• I am not inviting you to join my business. I guess you will have to find the right business for you. I hope you do.
    SaferAtHome

Answer by SaferAtHome at 5:58 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• www.HomeWithPreciousHearts.com
    Perrault

Answer by Perrault at 6:35 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• I will tell you this, the ONLY businesses making money these days are in wellness and network marketing. With today's economy, no one is buying candles, make-up or tupperware. They rather invest their money where their return is much higher. A job from home is only going to make you peanuts, but a business will make you good money, that is if you are in these industries. This is where the wealthy are investing all their money, not real estate or stock market.  Did you know that Donald Trump said that if he lost his millions again, he would invest them in network marketing, not real estate....................................cont........

BusinessMom123

Answer by BusinessMom123 at 11:00 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• ....................... Pick up a copy of SUCCESS FROM HOME magazine and take a look at what business(es) are taking the country by storm (Nov. issue). In order to be successful with a home based business you definetly have to be in the growing industries, then you have to find out your WHY. Why you want to be successful and work towards it without looking back. Whether it be to become debt free, or stay home with the kids, or take more vacations..what ever it is...have that in your mind and work towards it. Surround yourself with positive people, successful people, people that want what you want...we all want freedom, financial freedom. Let me know if you would like to chat more, I would love to share with you what I do to become successful from home. Email me or call me.
    BusinessMom123

• WOW..you work hard! I work online 2-3 hours per day and am making over $2000.00 a month...residual income. I work with a wellness company and business in booming. This is legit and real. We set up customer accounts and get paid for doing so. Please call me for more information 210.544.5576 or go to my website to request more info www.workathomeunited.com/BeAtHome
    tafania

Answer by tafania at 2:40 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• I have done a lot of research in the work from home area. Most of what I found were places that you had to pay for information or pay to get a start up kit but then was left with no help to get the business started. Look at my Ehow article for all the companies I found that did not require a start up fee or require you to purchase a book. Hope it helps!!!!!

http://www.ehow.com/how_4532834_legitimate-work-home-job.html
    kleighwickham

Answer by kleighwickham at 10:29 PM on Oct. 10, 2008