This is GROSS but need advise! adult content

My DH and I are TTC my period is due in a few days, But My POOR vagina! is very itchy and burning not when i pee tho. just when its touched... like around my clitoris and when my DH tried to put his this in me it was very itchy.. there is not icky discharge. my cervix is wet-ish, and there is no order, i got some vagisil and some eve wipes. but the vagisil just burned really bad! Can I treat this at home?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:53 PM on Aug. 21, 2010 in Health

• Sounds like a yeast infection and yes you can treat it at home. The sell those over the counter things at almost any store.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 10:55 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• If it burns I think you should go to the dr and get it checked out. It could be an infection or could just be irritated. Better safe than sorry, especially if ttc. Good luck!
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 10:55 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• Sounds like a yeast infection but you need a test to be sure its not something sexual related no offense.I would get a home balance test and if it indicates a yest infection get over the counter meds if that doesnt work make an appt with your dr but def. dont have sex till you are better, you can make it worse.
    rhonda111787

Answer by rhonda111787 at 10:56 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• Oh fyi the best time to be having sex for ttc is right after your period.
    rhonda111787

Answer by rhonda111787 at 10:57 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• This is a great natural remedy that is safe (even during pregnancy) and work for most vaginal infections (including yeast) Everynight, peel a clove of garlic and insert it into the vagina. (wear a panty liner cause you will get discharge) In the morning, sit on the toilet and "push" it out. Repeat every night for at least a week or until symptoms disappear. If no relief after a week, it might be a good idea to check with your doc. Ahhh...behold the natural wonders of garlic. It can also be taken (a small clove of course) just like a pill and has AWESOME antibiotic properties.
    -crunchy-mama-

Answer by -crunchy-mama- at 10:58 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• Definitely get it checked out. If you are trying a lot though and are not very lubricated then it might just be abrasions down there, when they are healing they itch and then when you put anything on it as would an open wound it would burn. Just an idea.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 10:59 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• I have had this before and it was a yeast infection. I never had one before that I can remember. They gave me pills to clear it up not a cream.
    agriffinmom4

Answer by agriffinmom4 at 11:00 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• Could be a yeast infection or vaginosis. Could be slight irritation if ou guys have been having sex a lot more often than usual lately. Make an appointment with your OB.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 11:02 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• Most likely a PH imbalance. Have you been having unprotected sex for awhile? If not, your body might be getting use to his. Definitely go to the doctor to make sure it's not an STD. Also try eating some yogurt with live and active cultures....this usually fends off yeast infections. I have a sensitive vagina and what you are describing does happen to me before I get my period. It usually goes away with my period.

sunshine58103

Answer by sunshine58103 at 11:05 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• If there is no fishy odor (which would mean bacterial infection) then you have a yeast infection. Go buy some Monistat. Also, eat a thing of yogurt every day for the next week.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 11:25 PM on Aug. 21, 2010