How much do people make for in home daycare services?

I was asked if I want to babysit for a couple with a toddler and I am interested - it would be great for my little one to have a playmate and the bonus of course is the money for it. They want to know how much I would charge for services and I don't know what to tell them??? Anyone have any suggestions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:07 PM on Aug. 21, 2010 in Money & Work

• Depends. For a toddler a daycare would charge anywhere from 150-200 depending on the area. Also factor in that you'll be feeding the child unless they provide food.
    hornz102485

Answer by hornz102485 at 11:09 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• A few years ago, it was $20.00 a day.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 11:09 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• It really depends on your area. In my area, it is anywhere between $70-$150 per child per week (more for an infant and less for a 4 or 5 year old).
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 11:09 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• I have done unlicensed childcare and was $20 a day and friends always thought that was a good rate. $200 a week is for the licensed people or the centers
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 11:11 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• My mom's best friend runs a licensed in home day care. She provides lunch and snacks and she gets $100/week. My friend pays $150/week for a regular all day preschool (including lunch and snack). This is in Florida.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 8:28 AM on Aug. 22, 2010