My son is ADHD is there anyone else having to deal with this?

Asked by Anonymous at 8:15 AM on Jun. 30, 2008 in Health

• My son has ADHD, PDD and might be bipolar.

Answer by amethystrse at 9:12 AM on Jun. 30, 2008

• My son is at high risk for it (but he's only 15 mo now, so can't tell yet) seing as his father had ADHD and I had ADD. I can say, from the stand point of having had it, is to try to be understanding. I did some really weird and crazy stuff growing up because of it, which made me very unpopular and prone to being picked on (didn't help being a girl with it, I think boys get away with more in that department). My mom knew I was a good kid, but at school I just had major behavior problems due to my lack of being able to pay attention. Starting Cylert really helped me out and my grades started to prove it!!!

Answer by xraydri at 10:40 AM on Jun. 30, 2008

• Yes, I am using vitamins to help with the hyperactivity. Magnesium, Calcium, Zinc, B vitamins, Vitamin C and melatonin. It is really reaaaaallly working.

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 10:43 AM on Jun. 30, 2008

• I have 2 with ADD (sons). You can vent to me anytime. We have it pretty well under control (but there are always times!!). We tried everything, changing diet, vitamins, therapy, etc. Finally we had to do the meds but we do very low doses. It works for us. Mine are 16 & 14. If you want to ask me anything feel free. God bless!

Answer by jackimci at 1:20 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• There was a good article in a biochemistry journal this spring that discussed how many diseases and disorders are linked to cellular dysfunction - primarily mitochondrial. By providing mitonutrients that are bioavailable, the body is able to rebalance and reverse a lot of damage.

Answer by awahmplanet at 6:24 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• I am!!! What are you doing about it?

Answer by Kellym1776 at 1:38 PM on Jul. 1, 2008

• I have one with ADHD, mood disorder and anxiety.The other one has a mood disorder and hyperactivity. ( 12 and 5 respectively) Yes they are on meds, but it was the only thing that worked for them. I watch what they eat to a point and make sure they go to the Dr for their checkups and their therapist twice a month. We have our days - some good and some bad.

Answer by Nakor21 at 7:38 PM on Jul. 8, 2008