Annoyed!

Have you ever lived somewhere (like an apartment) where the office staff couldn't care less about what you need fixed? I'm so annoyed at the fact that I cant use my sink because they couldn't come fix it today. We called this morning when they first opened! :[ grrrr

KrazyKutie

Asked by KrazyKutie at 11:08 PM on Aug. 21, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Having worked as an on-site property manager, I can relate to the other side of this story -- we depend on outside vendors to come in and fix stuff that was wrong, esp stuff like plumbing, electrical, and every once in a while, we would have an issue with a subcontractor. If they couldn't get someone out there the same day (which is definitely possible) they should have at least called you. It's not about them not caring -- while your sink might be plugged up, another unit might have gotten flooded or has a more serious issue. I would just give them a call and find out when you can expect it to be fixed.
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 11:16 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• Yes I just moved away from a place like that. There was black mold all over my childrens room and they refused to take care of it.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 11:12 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• Oh my goodness thats horrible! I just cant stand this place and we still have until February on our lease.
    KrazyKutie

Comment by KrazyKutie (original poster) at 11:13 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• heh, i have been without a working oven for 3 WEEKS! my landlord finally came and replaced the heating element today... its not that he doesn't care though he is just really forgetful and gets caught up in his own life and never gets around to stuff... plus i'm not the kind of person to keep calling and calling and bugging about it, although i SHOULD'VE because it really sucked not having an oven for 3 weeks! :P
    DreainCO

Answer by DreainCO at 11:16 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• MommaofH2 , I can understand how they can be busy and what-not. But they should've called and let us know. they just act really unprofessional all the time. It sucks out here in Az though I guess. I'll just have my husband call in the morning and ask them about it.
    DreainCO, no oven for 3 weeks?!?! thats so insane. Us mommies need ovens to cook for our families haha. microwaves arent great at cooking everything!
    KrazyKutie

Comment by KrazyKutie (original poster) at 11:19 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• I lived in a place like that... I was pregnant in the summer and the air conditioner wouldn't work at all. We gave them written notice of the problem and had them sign a copy verifying that they received notice. They legally are responsible for repairs if it is on the lease that they will fix it. In our case... after two weeks we decided that we were gonna move.... we had a year lease and were only about 4 months into it. Because of the signed paper that we had... we didn't owe them for the months we weren't there because legally they broke the lease by not repairing the air conditioner in a timely manner.
    justduckie_mom

Answer by justduckie_mom at 11:21 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• Yes, I DID have a landlord like that. I was so thankful when we finally moved out. We went through 7 summer of burning up because they claimed that if someone come out to check our A/C and found nothing wrong that we would have to pay for it. But I found out later that the landlord wanted us out, they didn't like children. And used the excuse that we didn't keep the apartment clean enough. The last two summers have been much more comfortable, and that's why I'm so glad I moved. At least now when something is broken, they will come and fix it.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:13 AM on Aug. 22, 2010