Is this horrible.....

Ok so my 3 year old just started SCREAMING and getting out of bed every 2 min every night for 3 weeks. I am at my witts end. Finally I told her that we were going to have to take her to a sleep appointment to sleep there and they can teach you how to go to bed like a big girl. I told her it is not scary, just going to teach you how to go to bed w/o crying and getting out of bed. is this horrible? I feel bad, but it seems to be working.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:11 PM on Aug. 21, 2010 in General Parenting

• If it works go for it, but the rule of thumb is, don't give a punishment you can;t follow thru with.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 11:17 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• Sometimes you just have to do what works. Hope this works for you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:14 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• What is a sleep appointment?
    WyndenSkie

Answer by WyndenSkie at 11:13 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• If it's working, I say go with it.
    TurboMom81

Answer by TurboMom81 at 11:17 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• Lying to a child is never right. Making a promise that you can't keep is never right

Answer by rkoloms at 11:20 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• Are they scared of the dark? I have had a night lite in my DDs room since the day I brung her home and I make sure it is on at night when she goes to bed and I don't have a problem. I did the same thing with my step son when I first met them, he wouldn't sleep in his room, I went and bought a nite lite and after that he would sleep in his room. Good Luck!!!
    cindy3511

Answer by cindy3511 at 11:22 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• What are you going to tell her if it happens to start up again? I'd say something like, Santa Claus is watching you.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:08 AM on Aug. 22, 2010