Two Stay at Home Parents?

I am just wondering if there are any other families who have 2 stay at home parents. My Husband got hurt at work and his injury prevents him from returning to work. They have approved his life long disability and he is only 28 so that tells you how bad his injury is.

It makes things difficult emotionally but especially financially. I am working on making some things to have an ETSY shop to make some extra money.

I was just looking for other families who might have two stay at home parents.

hsmominky

Asked by hsmominky at 11:13 PM on Aug. 21, 2010 in Money & Work

• I personally think it's rude to even imply she should get a job or go to school. That is her prerogative, not yours.

Hubby is in the military but I do several things at home. I sell on Ebay, have an Etsy account, and do a couple other things to where I can make money online. I love it =).
    Glamourina

Answer by Glamourina at 11:23 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• Why don't you get a job? I mean you have an excellent babysitter obviously. You could actually still go to school and get a very high paying career/job. Your family cannot survive on disability only.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:17 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• Um, that really wasn't rude. It was just asking why you didn't go to school to get a career/job. It's never too late ya know!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:21 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• Sorry. I agree with the PP's. I wanted to ask why you didn't get a job as well! It sounds like you might be a little insecure about it to me. Well, anyway, nope no two stay at home parents here. We are both hard working career people who have a home, nice car, live in a great neighborhood and are able to afford anything our family wants. Sorry.
    anony-mous

Answer by anony-mous at 11:24 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• Actually, we can and we have been since he got hurt two years ago. I have health issues of my own and that is why I do not work....not that I owe you any explanation. I Homeschool My Children and that is a full time job in itself. The point of this post was to find other stay at home familes....not to have people say rude things.
    hsmominky

Comment by hsmominky (original poster) at 11:19 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• I believe that my place is in my home taking care of my Husband and Children. I think that is what God called me to do and that is what I have done. He continues to bless us for that. I just want to connect with other families who are in the same position as us.
    hsmominky

Comment by hsmominky (original poster) at 11:22 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• Glamourina- I would love to hear any ideas you have about making money online or at home. Thanks :-)
    hsmominky

Comment by hsmominky (original poster) at 11:24 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• You people who answer anonymous really amaze me. Why don't you answer from your real profile and talk about things instead of taking stabs at people by being anonymous and rude.

I'll have you to know that we just built a brand new house, we both have nice vehicles and our family is well taken care of.

It's funny how quick people are to judge....actually it is SAD!!!!!!! Shame on you!!!!!
    hsmominky

Comment by hsmominky (original poster) at 11:26 PM on Aug. 21, 2010