Is it normal to be afraid of having a second baby?

I have a 19 month old son..........and my husband and I are now in a really good place financially. So recently we decided we wanted to try for another baby. We really want our kids to be close and to be young parents. So we have just started trying for our second baby. Our son was a surprise baby..........so I am new to trying for a baby. But I have found myself nervous. What if I cant get pregnant.............what if it is harder to conceive than I thought.............what if it just doesnt happen............As you can tell I am slightly freaking out. Are these normal questions? Should I fear this?

Linz0522

Asked by Linz0522 at 11:15 PM on Aug. 21, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• Both of my girls were suprises but I worried about alot of things after I got pregnant. Just relax.
    hornz102485

Answer by hornz102485 at 11:18 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• The more you think about it, the more worries you will allow your self to create. The unknown can be very intimidating... but you said the most important things already- you and your husband FEEL ready and are in a good place. Relax and let nature do the rest. :-) Good luck!
    HistoryMamaX3

Answer by HistoryMamaX3 at 11:20 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• I think that it is normal for people who are TTC to worry about how things will go. Then when you get pregnant your worries change but they are still there. The best thing that you can do is to try and relax. :-) Good Luck.
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 11:29 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• I am in the EXACT same situation although our son is 2 and if we had been in a better place, we would have tried earlier so I am freaking out thinking time is of the essence. I really want to get pregnant right away so there isnt a huge age gap! My guess is those fears are normal.
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 11:38 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• It makes me feel so much better knowing it is okay to be freaking out. I just want my kids so close together. I dont want to be worried the entire time. It was so much easier when I wasnt even trying lol
    Linz0522

Comment by Linz0522 (original poster) at 11:39 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• I believe it is normal. Both of my 5 and 2 year old DD's where planned and everytime after we well you know lol everytime after that until I was pregnant with both my girls I was like what am I thinking I don't know if I want or can do this not because I was afraid of not getting pregnant I was afraid of the pain lol. Then with baby 2 I was afraid of the pain and the thought of having 2 kids lol. Now we are going to start trying again in September and I am starting to get nervous again lol. I think no matter how many babies you have you will always have some worries.
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 12:35 PM on Aug. 22, 2010