how old is too old to bf?

I was ready a post earlier, and it got me thinking. How old is too old to breast feed. Guess. I never stopped and actually thought about it. I guess I'd say 2-3 at the most. Wondering what others opinions are. (Not that it's anyone business how long someone nurses. I know it's a personal and private matter, I was just curious what other people think) Keeping in mind we are all entitled to our own opinions.

lizpiz

Asked by lizpiz at 11:16 PM on Aug. 21, 2010 in General Parenting

• When mom and child decide it's time to stop, then it's too old. It's different for everyone.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 11:18 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• The longest I ever breastfed any of my kids was 15 months. I would never breastfeed past that, but that's just me.

Answer by missanc at 11:18 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• One imo.
    Glamourina

Answer by Glamourina at 11:19 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• Don't really know I never did with either of my kids.
    cindy3511

Answer by cindy3511 at 11:19 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• I agree 2-3 years
    agriffinmom4

Answer by agriffinmom4 at 11:19 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• personally i think no longer then 18months... by then the kid is old enough to feed themselves, talk, walk, etc... The longest i ever BF was about 13months
    DreainCO

Answer by DreainCO at 11:20 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• two or three years.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:20 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• I agree with Krysta622, it is different for each mom/child. I breastfed my Son until he was almost 3. My Aunt breastfed until her little boy was 3.5. It's all about what is comfortable. I believe in Self weaning.
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 11:20 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• I am currently tandem nursing my 15 month old and 2 1/2 year old. When they decide to stop they will be too old. IMO children should be allowed to self wean.
    -crunchy-mama-

Answer by -crunchy-mama- at 11:21 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• my PERSONAL opinion is of course whatever the mom/child agree on w/ a min. ideally of 12-15 months...... eventually the child will start preschool or kindergarten. I'd say be weaned entirely 3 months before that to avoid drama, teasing, school issues, social problems, too many questions, etc.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 11:23 PM on Aug. 21, 2010