My daughter wore an Obama shirt to school and got some negative comments about it. Do you think that she should wear the shirt again?

On one hand I think that we arent hurting anything by wearing the shirt on the other hand she is just a child.

35yoamom

Asked by 35yoamom at 11:29 PM on Aug. 21, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Yes, if she has a problem she needs to talk to who ever is in charge
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 11:30 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• Well . . what did the shirt say? Was it just a picture of Obama? Negative comments from who?
    blessedwithree

Answer by blessedwithree at 11:31 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• Yes she should and I agree that she should talk to the principal. Kids are so mean these days. I'm so glad I don't have that problem now, my kids wear uniforms.
    cindy3511

Answer by cindy3511 at 11:32 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• If she likes Obama, then yes. Not if it is your opinion that is having her wear it. Kids have enough problems gretting along and acepted without Politics too. And just FYI, I am neither for or against Obama.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 11:33 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• and how old is your daughter? i think i would say something to her teacher/principal... its one thing to not like Obama as a person or what not but he is still the PRESIDENT of the United States and if you go to public school in this country you should at least show a little respect... now if its not public school, and/or not in the country... then maybe she shouldn't wear it to school :P
    DreainCO

Answer by DreainCO at 11:33 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• Just a picture of the Obama Family... the third graders in her class said some negative comments.
    35yoamom

Comment by 35yoamom (original poster) at 11:35 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• I told her teacher but not the principal. President Obama was going to give a speech and so many of the parents were going to take their children out of school that he finally sent a note home stating that he would not count the absence against the children if the parents desired to keep their children at home.
    35yoamom

Comment by 35yoamom (original poster) at 11:38 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• omg...you bring politics to school then you need to be prepared for the reaction. 3rd grade. My daughters are in 4th and 5th. I wouldnt send them to school with HUGE target on them. We talk politics in my house. They know where we stand and have their own opinions. I hear MANY of you ladies on here espousing the SAME things about YOUR children. How can you send them to school and expect them NOT to voice their opinions. You arent very specific here. WHAT were the negative comments exactly. That they dont like Obama?? Well...I mean come on. Were they words that should not be used ANYWAY then yeah...they should get into trouble. But if you send your child to school with their (YOUR) politics on display you have to expect a reaction.

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 11:41 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• We don't mix politics and school.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:43 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• I wouldn't put my children in political shirts. Even during the election, I refrained from buying political clothes.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 11:45 PM on Aug. 21, 2010