Do you think that "Boondocks" is a racist show or has an awesome political point of view?

35yoamom

Asked by 35yoamom at 11:32 PM on Aug. 21, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I haven't seen it so I do not have an opinion. Sorry.
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 11:38 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• I think any show that refers to people by names I have to look up in wikipedia's list of racial slurs is a racist show.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:42 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• Nope and yup
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 11:43 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• Nope it is for African Americans.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 12:01 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

• I think the pp missed the point the show is awesome and it has a strong political message brought to you by Huey an eleven year old is this racist at times yes but its pure honesty as seen by Huey Freeman. And no it isn't just for African Americans comments like that sound racist.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 12:05 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

• Never seen it and have no idea what it's about.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 12:06 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

• never heard of it
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 12:17 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

• http://video.adultswim.com/the-boondocks/the-color-ruckus.html

yeah, I think this is disgusting.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:23 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

• No, its not a racist show I love that show.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 1:18 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

• I personally do not care for the show. I have seen it once via friend who thinks it is hilarious. So there is a good possibility I have not caught the political message. From what I have seen it caters to a lot of racial stereo types which I don't see humor in. The best way to keep people racist is to cater to stereo types.

I remember when I first saw All in the Family I thought that show was pretty racist... Same for the Jeffersons.... George would always make racist comments to the white guy and would constantly belittle the man and his black wife's relationship. do not watch those types of shows because I don't believe in stereo types. (No I am not old enough to have seen them when they came out)
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 1:25 AM on Aug. 22, 2010