Anonymous

I know that everyone thinks it's great to have an anonymous feature but honestly, I do not. I think that it is misused. It might be a good feature if people used it to ask questions that they may be emberassed about. However, it seems more and more often people are using it to answer questions with rude comments or smart comments. I've started reporting people for doing that. Cafemom is not about being rude or snotty. I'm sorry but I think that is just wrong. It makes the people who are here for the right reasons feel bad. There are people who honestly want help/answers and when people make fun of them or are rude it makes them feel like they cannot do that.

hsmominky

Asked by hsmominky at 11:33 PM on Aug. 21, 2010 in About CafeMom

• I'm 5 levels above when you get to use the anon answer and I haven't used it once. I've asked one or two anon questions when I was really embarrassed by the subject, but I'm not easily embarrassed. It's so misused on here by people who have nothing better to do than try to put other women down who really need help, advice, support, etc. I think we SHOULD be reporting abuse, even if it's not anonymous.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 11:52 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• I think thats why cafemom tried this new game of theirs. The only problem is, once we all get to level 16, it goes back to annonymous answers. I did notice in the beginning when we couldnt answer annonymous there was so much less bashing. I agree with you, too bad it cant just be that way.
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 11:37 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• Honestly, you can report them, but it won't do much good. This section is still in BETA, and the terms aren't ironed out, so there really aren't the kinds of rules you are looking for. You are better off posting in the group PHI BETA MAMA (links are at the top right of the screen, under forums/help)
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:38 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• I think you should be able to ask anonymously, but not answer anonymously. Well, maybe except for the health questions because those can be a little too personal, lol.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 11:41 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• She's actually referring to a question she asked about two stay at home parents. Someone answered and asked legitimately why she didn't work if her husband was on disability. It was in no way rude. It was just seriously asking why she didn't bother going to school for a great career or job, as she is still young enough. She took very offense to this answer and this is what she is talking about. I guess she must be new here or something.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:45 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• I am often entertained by the anonynasties

Answer by rkoloms at 11:47 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• I will go to the group and do that.

However, I have had luck reporting thus far and I know a few other people on here who have as well. We also wrote to Cafemom. I think they care about what their site is promoting and the kind of people who are here.
    hsmominky

Comment by hsmominky (original poster) at 11:40 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• I agree Loving SAHMommy.
    hsmominky

Comment by hsmominky (original poster) at 11:42 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• Anonymous- That is actually not what I was talking about. I am not new here. I am at level 18 which means that I have been here for a while. I have been reporting people for a while and I did not report you about what you wrote. I am just saying that I think if people really want to talk about things, why hide behind an anonymous? Why not actually talk about it as two mature people? I've seen many posts where people say rude things from an anonymous stand point and I think it's rude. Don't answer my question assuming that you know what it is about when it is not about that. Did that add to my frusteration, yes but this was a question I had the other day and ended up posting others.
    hsmominky

Comment by hsmominky (original poster) at 11:48 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• You know that this goes onto our friends page if that didn't happen maybe we would be more inclined to answer better then anon. I don't do it very often and I always answer respectfully. I have only answered that way a few times depending on the subject but some of the questions being asked anon are ok get real they shouldn't be anything that would be embarrassing to ask or answer. IMO
    I do agree that before everyone got to use that option that the answers were not so bashing.
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 12:03 AM on Aug. 22, 2010