Raw Vegan Foods Diet for a Month

Has anyone ever done a raw diet or is anyone here living that lifestyle? I hear it is great for you even if just doing for a little while. I want to start loosing weight, and this I heard will help kick start it. I mainly want to graze through the day, a carrot, a peach and whatever through out the day to help my metabolism speed up then maybe my real meal (still raw) being my dinner. . How do you do it? Any advise will help. I start on the 1st of September!

midnight11287

Asked by midnight11287 at 11:57 PM on Aug. 21, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• rkoloms

Answer by rkoloms at 11:59 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• I LOVE eating that way! My best advice would be to go to amazon and find a few books that fit what you need. I really like the Living in the Raw books. They are great! I have all three. The recipes are amazing!
    PhoenixFire

Answer by PhoenixFire at 12:00 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

• I'm ethically vegan and trying to get our diet more and more raw. I have zero kitchen space, so cutting and washing and chopping and juicing has been hard for me but we're moving, yay. My daughter eats lots of fruit trays though and also eats plain raw nuts (like almonds), and plain veggies like carrots and broccoli. She also loves snacks though, like pretzels and french fries, so I started buy gluten free pretzels and make ffs in the oven. My MIL, who was the last person you would ever expect, went completely raw vegan and lost 50 lbs! She juices in the morning, eats a salad for lunch, and then eats a warm, but healthy and vegan, meal for dinner. She and I have both found some great vegan recipes. The RAVE diet book is a good resource. Here's one recipe that everyone loves- http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/dr-oz-fire-drill/. Oh, and we sometimes buy these, which make great on-the-go whole food snacks...
    Bellarose0212

Answer by Bellarose0212 at 2:09 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• http://www.wholefoodfarmacy.com/2005/CAT7.asp
    Bellarose0212

Answer by Bellarose0212 at 2:10 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• I wish I had some before and after pics of my MIL, it's really impressive. She says she was inspired by my diet, but I want to eat more like she does. We still eat junk sometimes (like potato chips or fake meat), but way less than I used to. I was raised vegetarian but it was more like processed-cheese-etarian.
    Bellarose0212

Answer by Bellarose0212 at 2:11 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• Wow, that is great that you inspired her! I am also a vegan xD and I love hearing inspiration stories like that. Haha.. if fake meat is junk.. eh.. I eat a lot of it LOL... I am sure it's not great for you.. but soo much healthier than real meat. ^_^
    Thanks for yalls input. I can't wait to try it. Does your MIL eat snacks between meals?
    midnight11287

Comment by midnight11287 (original poster) at 12:03 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Funny I clicked on this; I"m going on a raw food challenge (7 days) tomorrow!

check out Natasha St. MIchael's Raw Radiant Health on youtube. She is a wealth of information, and it's not intimidating or hard to do at all.

also, check out http://www.rawradianthealth.com/7daychallenge ,
    averillholistix

Answer by averillholistix at 5:24 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I just want to add that her program (challenge) is as easy as picking one fruit in the morning, eating 4 cups of it, fix a green smoothie (recipe's in her book SIMPLE, easy to buy for, no crazy ingredients) then a LARGE SALAD in the evening with some YUMMY RAW soups like tomato soup or zucchini/avocado soup... and she has a couple dips/butters you can make--completely raw. PM me if you want more info; I'd love to give it to you. :)
    averillholistix

Answer by averillholistix at 5:27 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Here is her blog. http://www.rawradianthealth.com/blog/
    averillholistix

Answer by averillholistix at 5:45 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Well, fake meat has a long list of ingredients, and many of them aren't so great for your health. I don't think it it's that bad in moderation, but certainly whole foods are better for us. Yes, she has snacks in her house. She eats dark chocolates or these coconut chocolate things after dinner. She used to be a huge sweets person but says she doesn't crave them at all anymore. She has a few chip-type products. We've also done sweet potato fries and dark-chocolate-dipped fruits during dinners at her house. She makes peppers stuffed with vegetables and rice often, as well as regular pasta with veggies mixed in. All good stuff. I know she eats rice crisp chips and some kind of sweet cranberry cluster snack that I didn't really care for. I don't think she eats snacks during a typical day M-F though because she works as a dental assistant. Oh, we both eat STACY's chips.
    Bellarose0212

Answer by Bellarose0212 at 5:25 AM on Aug. 28, 2010