Do I have to sell our home before the divorce is complete?

I would like to stay in my home with the kids until I get on my feet. Can I be forced to sell the home. I am paying for all cost even the mortgage.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:06 AM on Aug. 22, 2010 in Relationships

• No it just depends what is written in the divorce papers. Sometimes you can stay in the home after the divorce it really all depends.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 12:07 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

• You can buy out his 1/2 more then likely. It just depends on what the divorce papers say and how nice of a guy your ex is.
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 12:08 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

• My friend just got a divorce and she got to keep the house because she had the kids...he husband was a really bad guy though and did a lot of stupid things so it might be different with you...
    shortleo

Answer by shortleo at 12:08 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

• It all depends on what the divorce decree says. See if your lawyer can get it where you get to keep the house.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 12:11 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

• No, you don't have to sell it. If you are paying for it then you just have the lawyers draw up a quit claim deed. It makes the house yours and says that your Husband is not financially liable for the house.
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 1:10 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

• good luck hun
    regian19832002

Answer by regian19832002 at 1:56 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

• You need to talk to your attorney, if your ex wants the equity out of the house you may have to buy that from him. If his name is on the mortgage, you will have to refinance to remove his name from it.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 11:05 AM on Aug. 22, 2010