Chiropractic work for infant?

When i first heard about people bringing their babies in for chiro work i was skeptical and thought it was just to "out there". But as the months have gone on my baby (almost 8m) has remained colicky and is a VERY restless sleeper i decided that I would try almost anything. I have been on the verge of going insane for the last 6 months or so. I have also become worried that something is "wrong" with my boy, or that he isnt comfortable even though he's done fine at his routine check ups.

So he went to his first appointment and they did a scan of his back. I will get the full results on Friday. Have any of you had experience with this? what should i expect from the scan?

eridawn

Asked by eridawn at 4:15 PM on Oct. 8, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my husband is a chiro. and he adjust a lot of babies, including our daughter.
    SMWOODS

Answer by SMWOODS at 4:28 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• I have had my son (8 months next week) see a chiropractor several times. The first time he went he was about 6 weeks old. He has been another 6 or 7 times since. A few times after the first time to keep his adjustment where it needs to be, then again when he started crawling, and again when he was sitting on his own. He will go again when he is walking. He is already standing on his own for about 25 seconds and taking a step between things, so maybe soon! I think it is wonderful and helpful for babies. It can help prevent other health problems down the road. Hope it helps your little one. Our son was colicky too. Turns out he had a dairy allergy and is very high needs.
    TeaAndrews

Answer by TeaAndrews at 4:53 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• Oh, and to answer your other question, we did not have a "scan." So I am not sure what to tell you about that. Keep me posted on how it goes. I am interested to see how it turns out for you.
    TeaAndrews

Answer by TeaAndrews at 4:54 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• Wow... As a mother of a former colicky baby.. What a great idea. I wish someone would have suggested that to me. I am a firm believer in chiropractors! I think it is sure worth a try... Who knows...
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 5:26 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• we got the results of his scan and i learned it was a thermal scan. he has a few areas of concern on the upper neck area of spine. this area relates to ear issues (he's had an ear infection and is constantly tugging at his ears), sleep disruption (has this BIG time from day one), and immunity issues. so i agreed to go ahead with treating him. we had his first adjustment today, he seemed to enjoy the pressure applied at the areas under his ears. so, we'll see how this goes. it may end up being an amazing relief for Bowie (and mom and dad :) ).
    eridawn

Answer by eridawn at 12:58 PM on Oct. 10, 2008