hubbys job

Does anyone else have a hubby who is gone for long periods at a time. My husband just left today he will be working 6-8 weeks at a time :( How do people do it? Does it ever get easier???

anfisasmommy

Asked by anfisasmommy at 12:32 AM on Aug. 22, 2010 in Money & Work

• My husband use to be gone for a few weeks at a time and then be home for 4 days. I was always a nervous wreck when he was gone. I usually took it one day at a time. I kept myself busy.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 12:34 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

• After a while you will get use to it,mines is a truck driver so I am use to it now.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 12:41 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

• mine is a truck driver now too im sure this first few weeks will be tough...
    anfisasmommy

Comment by anfisasmommy (original poster) at 12:43 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

• I respect you women who have Husbands who are away all the time. I have a friend whose DH is a Truck driver and then I have some whose DH are in the Military. I don't know if I could do it. You gals rock.
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 12:45 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

• My husband is in the military and is gone for up to 6 months at a time. I don't think that it gets easier emotionally but you learn to joggle things better and take care of the house better. Just take one day at a time.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 12:47 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

• Thanks you guys i have so much respect for those of you with loved ones in the milatary, they are gone for so long and im complaing about 6 weeks!!!!
    anfisasmommy

Comment by anfisasmommy (original poster) at 12:53 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

• My ex husband was gone for 3-6wks at a time. It doesn't get easier, sorry but it really doesn't, but it does get easier to deal with. You have to keep yourself busy at all times, and if you have little ones, that shouldn't be a problem.
    MomtoMichael2

Answer by MomtoMichael2 at 1:09 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

• My husband is in the military and he is preparing to deploy for 12 months. I plan to just continue school, and we have 2 children trying for our 3rd. Its hard but you make do, you just have to continue on.
    ILoveMyKeiki

Answer by ILoveMyKeiki at 1:39 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

• My DH is in the military and I haven't seen him in almost 9 months. Month he'll be home for 11 days then be gone for another 9-12 months. You just keep yourself busy like the other ladies said.
    dmdblleb

Answer by dmdblleb at 2:27 AM on Aug. 22, 2010