avoiding cleaning...

anyone else in the same boat? Okay so we went to a BBQ today, came home, unloaded..
I know there are dishes that need to be done, some toys tha tneed to be picked up.. what we packed for the day put away.. etc.. but I have NO energy. (I'm anemic, and my iron levels are really low right now, and waiting until monday before I can pick up my script for some supplements).

xxhazeldovexx

Asked by xxhazeldovexx at 12:42 AM on Aug. 22, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Leave it, get some rest.... the clean police aren't coming to your house...there is always tomorrow!
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 9:14 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

• I do that all the time after a long day. It is hard to get your motivation, sometimes it is easier just to take a night off and do it in the morning. You can be more productive.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 12:44 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

• Sometimes when you are wiped out it is just easier to put it off. You are already low on iron so you are extra tired. Just take the night off, get some good rest and then go at it full force Tomorrow.
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 12:46 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

• Wow, well, I would say eat high ironed food, and pick up some iron supplements! i'm not saying do all that work, but it is always good to be prepared for iron levels. I have a friend exactly like that, and she says the supplements really help! Other than that, just relax it out, you don't want a trip to the ER or anything!
    kbishop8688

Answer by kbishop8688 at 12:54 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

• I do that when it is usually that time of the month. I don't like doing anything when I am on my period. I can't wait till I get insurance and get a hysterectomy.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 12:47 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

• If you're getting basic iron pills, they're pretty much the same as over the counter. Take them with vitamin c pills to help your body absorb the iron. Also, rice krispies are a GREAT snack for anemics, however do not eat them with milk or any other dairy. Consuming dairy within 30 minutes basically depletes the iron you're intaking down to nothing... so it's just a bad idea. =)

GL!
    Glamourina

Answer by Glamourina at 1:03 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

• Get a good night sleep and do it in the morning
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 1:44 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

• kbishop I have a few otc supplements for my anemia.. for JIC.. but some days it just isn't enough.. (but like I said, my script comes in monday for iron supplements so it doesn't get to that point anymore).

xxhazeldovexx

Comment by xxhazeldovexx (original poster) at 12:58 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

• I'm not sure what type of pills they are glamouria
    but why does milk deplete iron?
    xxhazeldovexx

Comment by xxhazeldovexx (original poster) at 6:02 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• That's why I cannot leave my home even for a few hours without tidying up! The last thing I want to see when I get home after a good time, or first thing in the morning is a mess! I have to at least clean the main floor--kitchen, family room, living room, dining room, foyer, and sunroom. :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:45 PM on Aug. 23, 2010