How do i cope with morning sickness? is there anything to make it better?

Cherributterfly

Asked by Cherributterfly at 12:53 AM on Aug. 22, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I usually got up slowly and had crackers by my bed.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 12:55 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

• Having crackers by the bed and eating two or three before your fit even hit the floor helps.

I ended up having to take Zofran and Phenegran because mine got so bad.
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 12:56 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

• Mine was so bad that if I ate I got sick, but if I didnt eat I got sick. I was miserable the first 11 weeks and then it stopped thank God. The Dr can give you pills that will help...and I also would drink Ginger Ale and that seemed to help a little. Crackers never done anything for me.
    misspriss_1987

Answer by misspriss_1987 at 12:58 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

• Preggie Pops or Drops, and crackers. =) Preggie Drops are sold at motherhood.com

GL!
    Glamourina

Answer by Glamourina at 1:00 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

• ginger ale and lemonade helped some.. water first thing in the morning and being sure to eat something, even if it was a cracker helped (otherwise I dry heaved a good portion of the morning away)...

and hope it goes away.. mine did in both my pregnancies around 4 months, although there were still some foods I new to stay away from.. (like pizza right now... which happens to normally be one of my favorite foods, figures, lol).
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:01 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

• I swore by crackers and ginger ale through all 4 of mine. I think I am STILL sick of the stuff.

Anyway, stay away from spicy foods, tomatoes, and late snacking. If I just took it easy and ate in small portions throughout the day, I could deal most days. I drank an ocean of cold water too and could not get enough ice chips! Keep the faith. It gets better soon! It should only last through your first trimester or so.
    WyndenSkie

Answer by WyndenSkie at 1:01 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

• All I have to say is I had to go with the flow. I couldnt touch ginger ale, crackers grossed me out and my body wouldnt bring it up to make me feel better. It was horrible!!!! Honestly I found some comfort in coffee (small amounts!) and I have heard from another mom its the caffene. Idk. Also try peanuts, and whatever sounds good, even if its not the best for you like fast food or something. I lost 8 pounds in 2 weeks, my doc understood but encouraged eating whatever I could, bc something is better than nothing. But I also refused meds until my 2nd tri. I would reccomend getting the meds if your doctor feels its safe for you.
    Casumael

Answer by Casumael at 1:15 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

• saltine crakers helped me out alot and always having the sillling fan on
    MRIOSGRL09

Answer by MRIOSGRL09 at 1:34 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

• Water. Yes water, h2o. My last pregnancy was the worst with Morning sickness, I found if I drank a glass of water before getting out of bed, it'd be a little better, not gone, but good enough that I could get out of bed, then face the day.
    MomtoMichael2

Answer by MomtoMichael2 at 1:53 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

• I tried it all crackers, toast, ginger ale, lots of water, no caffeine, eating every 2-3hrs. My doctor told me to eat toast with cheese for breakfast and make sure every meal has protein in it. Protein helps fill you up because nausea is a symptom of hunger. But it was so hard to eat when everything makes you feel nauseous. So, my doctor gave me a prescription for Zofran......
    Nothing works like Zofran, it is the best out there. It is very expensive and some insurance co. won't give you a months worth but its worth a try because it works great. I was told it was so expensive because it is also used for cancer patients going through chemo. I was only given 20 pills which is for 7 days worth and I got generic for my co-pay of $25. My insurance which is Blue Cross Anthem won't give me anymore at a time. I would take 1 a day in the morning or when I felt the worst. Without insurance for non-generic I was told is $1000 a month.
    Congenial

Answer by Congenial at 3:41 AM on Aug. 22, 2010