Do you spay and neuter your pets?? If not then why?

I do!! Don't think we need anymore in this world right now. Hate seeing the over population on animals that aren't cared for because some people don't spay and neuter.

staciaw

Asked by staciaw at 1:13 AM on Aug. 22, 2010 in Pets

• Absolutely. Our old neighborhood was horrible with abandoned cats, I'd catch them and take them in too.
    Jessica157

Answer by Jessica157 at 1:16 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

• Yes we do.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 1:19 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

• All three of our cats are fixed.. Our puppy is not yet, because we are still working on her shots. Once she is fully vaccinated we will be spaying her as well.

GL!
    Glamourina

Answer by Glamourina at 1:22 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

• It's a bit of a risk to spay a guinea pig. A male, not so much, but I don't trust any of the vets around here to do surgery on my pigs. They are kept separate. But you are probably talking about dogs and cats.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 1:24 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

• Both our dogs are neutered.
    tryin2BGOOD

Answer by tryin2BGOOD at 1:29 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

• absolutely!!! its the responsible thing to do when you own cats or dogs!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 1:29 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

• There are so many animals that need homes because of people not spaying and neutering their pets not to mention other reasons why animals need homes (such as owners ability to care for the pet...and so much more). My kitten was among 12 other kittens found in a box at a rest stop. Someone had just left them there. I am glad that I have my kitten because he brings me so much joy and he is absolutely adorable but one of his brothers didn't make it. Another was very very sick and had to be nursed back to health. When I had first adopted my kitten from the nice family that saved them he was only about 2 weeks old (if that) and I had to feed him with a syring (i can't spell, sorry)...as cute as it was to watch him suck the milk out of it like a leach... he would have been better off with his mom. all of this could have been prevented by spaying and neutering. My kitten was fixed and he is still a very happy cat. :)
    sake1521

Answer by sake1521 at 1:47 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

• Actually, neither of our cats is neutered. Our dog will be. Why not? They are strictly indoor cats TERRIFIED of the outdoors. One was feral before my SO found him, the cat just walked into the house and never left. The other was thrown out of a car window, and we ended up taking him in. (We had to bottle feed him he was so tiny. He also has brain damage- he's so dumb he thinks he's a dog!) If we would take in a girl, she'd be fixed.
    Annabel1809Lee

Answer by Annabel1809Lee at 1:51 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

• I have a spayed female lab/shepherd. My 14 month old BRT is not neutered but that is because he is a confirmation dog (show dog).

Acid

Answer by Acid at 10:40 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

• The only thing that would keep me from spaying or neutering my pets would be a very serious medical problem. All of mine are done. I foster a lot on my own and none of them are adopted out without being done first because I just don't trust people to get it done.
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 11:40 AM on Aug. 22, 2010