Need help potty training a boy... plz help!!

I have two kids a girl at 10 months and my son is 2 years, they both wear the same size diapers. Im trying to potty train my son, not just to save some cash, but he tells me when he is wet and even when his sister needs a change. he understands he needs to poop and pee in the toilet, but when he sits in it he scared like he is dying. I just got a sit to put on the toilet, not a small toilet. Im going to get a small toiled to see if it works but is there any tips to help me. Thank u for all the help...

sorry about not knowing all the terms for potty training, Im new to this.

i_am_ur_kittie

Asked by i_am_ur_kittie at 1:24 AM on Aug. 22, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I don't know if you heard of this, but I have a friend who says she put froot loops or cherios in the toilet and had them aim at the cereal.
    I think that babys r us also sells toilet training things for boys to aim at.
    tryin2BGOOD

Answer by tryin2BGOOD at 1:27 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

• I'm going through this too for the first time. I have a two and a half year old and an eight month old. He also knows when to go, and lets me know. I got him the little baby potty, and a few months ago I let him bring it to the living room. I know it sounds weird.. But it works. Hes way more comfortable and can therefore use it. I just recently got the little potty seat that goes on the toilet, and a cars stool so he can do it himself. He LOVES that! He only pees on the toilet though. He is too terrified to poop on it still. I have gotten him to poop on the little potty, but even so he waits it out until he either can no longer hold it and come running (and screaming) for me, so I place him on and he goes. OR He waits until bedtime when he gets a diaper. So I don't have it 100% down yet. But I'm getting there. I have read to him also, and given treats after a few times. But I always clap! He LOVES that too! I hope this helps
    Amelia512

Answer by Amelia512 at 1:33 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

• The aiming thing would be good for later, but its much easier teaching them to sit down and pee first, then to stand later. Thats what I am doing. Everyone in my family has recommended it to me.
    Amelia512

Answer by Amelia512 at 1:34 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

• well my son just shock we all now, he pee in his diaper and try to take it off. My husband took him to the bathroom but he was already done. My son just wanted a new diaper!!! I was wondering if I should just put the underwear on him so he knows he cant just pee on himself or will that make it worse?
    i_am_ur_kittie

Comment by i_am_ur_kittie (original poster) at 1:42 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

• Ditch the diapers and get cotton training pants. When you go to the toilet let him watch you both go. Accidents should be cleaned up without anger or fanfare.

http://www.cafemom.com/journals/read/1608109/Elimination_Communication_Path_to_a_Diaper_Free_Baby
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 4:54 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• put him on under wear only, dont keep changing. Take him to the bathroom every 10 to 15 mins and say potty time, Give him a skittle or any small candy as a treat everytime he goes. Only give this candy at this time. ( Choose his favorite candy) Then to help with boob in the potty buy him a special toy and only give it to him when he is on the potty the child will stay in there on the potty playing and he might just boob. Buy him is favorite underwear with chacters let the child pick them out. After the boy learns to go have him aim in the potty just use fruit loops place them in the potty and tell him to sink them. This worked with my kids, family and friends.
    mochalatta20

Answer by mochalatta20 at 10:08 PM on Aug. 22, 2010