Tutu and crochet top questions!

Okay, so I am trying to start making tutu's for my little girl. However, I am a complete newbie. I have the basic no-sew tutu how to's down, but need ideas for embellishments and anything that I can add/do to give it more pizazz. Also, does anyone know where I can get a template or directions to make a crochet top? I can provide a picture if necessary! Thanks ladies!

Glamourina

Asked by Glamourina at 1:27 AM on Aug. 22, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• The crochet top is much easier to buy then sew. I make crochetted tutu dresses and buy the 6 inch crochet top for $1.
    I also make hairbows so I'll make a bow and put it on and alligator clip so I can clip it onto the dress on the crochet part or I'll use a flower on an aligator clip.
    misspriss_1987

Answer by misspriss_1987 at 1:30 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

• I WISH YOU Luck
    regian19832002

Answer by regian19832002 at 1:28 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

• @ Regian

Thank you!
    Glamourina

Comment by Glamourina (original poster) at 1:30 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

• @ Misspriss

Not sure if you'd be willing to share your source or not. If so that'd be great. I've had no luck trying to find them premade. Thank you.
    Glamourina

Comment by Glamourina (original poster) at 1:32 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

• I buy my 6 in headbands off eBay and there's also I store here where I live and she sells them to me for $1.
    I learned how to make them just from looking at pictures. I have some pictures on my page of some crocheted tutu dresses and regular tutu dresses if you wanna look :)
    misspriss_1987

Answer by misspriss_1987 at 1:37 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

• @ Misspriss

Yeah unfortunately I don't know anyone here that does crafting =). I've tried to find them on Ebay and Etsy but there aren't any sellers.

I will take a look =). My husband is the crotchet-knitter guy though (funny, I know) so we sort of team up to get her tutu's made then I photograph her afterwards. =) Thanks!

Do you have an Etsy store or do you just do it for fun?
    Glamourina

Comment by Glamourina (original poster) at 1:40 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

• There was a website I ordered from once...let me see if I can find it and Ill post the link.
    misspriss_1987

Answer by misspriss_1987 at 1:45 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

• I found some on eBay that are $1 apiece and shipping is like $1.62
    http://cgi.ebay.com/CROCHET-HEADBANDS-6-WIDE-SPECIAL-YOU-CHOOSE-COLORS-/160467324275?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&var=

I had to type 6'' crochet headbands bc when I put 6 inch headbands nothing showed up. I couldnt find that website I ordered from once. They didnt have pink, just dark colors.
    misspriss_1987

Answer by misspriss_1987 at 1:52 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

• No I dont do Etsy bc a bunch of people have told me that people dont like to pay on there and it's worse than eBay.
    I have albums of stuff on my Facebook page and people I have on there ask me to make hairbows and tutus for them.
    misspriss_1987

Answer by misspriss_1987 at 1:54 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

• Eeks, I think we somehow miscommunicated. I am looking for the crochet tops, like a shirt... But the headbands help too! Thank you regardless=).

I sell on Ebay and my biggest pet peeve is sellers turning on each other and reporting. I happen to sell anime which has a much bigger market than tutu's, but man are people money hungry. And on Ebay sellers can report you for anything, and Ebay never investigates it. So I am working on transferring my business over to Amazon.
    Glamourina

Comment by Glamourina (original poster) at 2:03 AM on Aug. 22, 2010