My nieghbor is always sick in some way she has crons and she depends on me a lot what should i do still help her or not. she has a 9 year old and a gradmother plus hubby she takes care of and when she is sick u expects me to help her at her home and keep mine up 2 what should i do

regian19832002

Asked by regian19832002 at 1:44 AM on Aug. 22, 2010 in Relationships

• Let her know what you are available to do for her, but also tell her you cannot be there all the time for her as you have your family and self to care for too.

virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 1:54 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

• Be the kind neighbor you are because you do not know when fate bites you in the butt and you will need someone to rely on....you give because one day you will need...karma is there for those who need it or not...if you are stressed then you need to call the agencies that can offer her services..look it up under home health care...
    togo90210

Answer by togo90210 at 1:54 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

• I have the same problem (not exactly the same situation but the whole giving and giving thing). It is actually REALLY bad for you. I feel so horrible when someone is in need and I don't offer to help or feel like I'm getting overwhelmed and really don't want to help as much anymore. You need to do what is going to be best for you in the long run. Put yourself first for once. Sometimes you just need to be the most important thing and as hard as that is, it will keep you sane. Just tell your neighbor that you would really like to help but you need some time to yourself too. Set boundaries with what you are willing to still do and give her resources to find other people to help out. :)
    sake1521

Answer by sake1521 at 2:19 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

• You have a responsibility to your family first. It's sweet of you to help her out, but you have to tell her no sometimes. Just be honest with her - if she's a good friend she is going to understand.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 10:50 AM on Aug. 22, 2010