Preparing homemade food?

ok
so i premake or I should say pre prepare some foods
I take all dry ingredients and put them in this far, label it with what is in the dry mix and ingredients to add, proportional of course

example: pancake mix
in jar : 1 cup flour, 1tbs sugar, 3tsp baking posder, 1/2tsp salt.
add for approx every cup of mix: 1egg, 3/4cup milk, , 2tbsp butter

So thats one, the other is dry mix for biscotti, again what to add is on the label, as well as what is already in it.

What is one more pre made foods I can add to my collection

Brownies? Muffins? Breads?

DomoniqueWS

Asked by DomoniqueWS at 1:52 AM on Aug. 22, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Oh there is a book about this i read it a few years ago, i find it at my library. I can not for the life of me remember the name of it! If you love to have premade mixes try looking for a book, it had seasonings, breads, sauces, etc. If I can remember the book I'll come back and post it.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 2:15 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

• Yes PLEASE, if you remember post it on here, I really hope you remember it :)
    DomoniqueWS

Comment by DomoniqueWS (original poster) at 2:23 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

• You can do this with almost anything. You can find a great collection of baking/soups etc if you do a search on gifts in a jar...just make multiple servings. I make my own bisquick and freeze it in two cup quantities (little bags) so whenever I want it its there.
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 9:06 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

• The Tightwad Gazette has a ton of such things. I love the Universal Muffin recipe.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 9:52 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

• I do taco seasoning, spaghetti sauce mix, chili seasoning, meatloaf seasoning, gravy mixes, bread mixes (mix flour and other dry ingredients), cake mixes, muffin mixes (if you can dehydrate the fruit or find it in the stores, you can even make blueberry, strawberry, apple, or apricot muffins). If you have freezer space, you can brown ground meat with onions & seasonings and freeze it in meal portions for making chili, stews, casseroles, and skillet meals.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 10:29 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

• http://www.amazon.com/Family-Feasts-75-Week-Penny-wise/dp/0848732960

I LOVE this book on tips.  It has some great recipes for homemade mixes as well as frugal meals.  I highly recommend it.

Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 10:58 AM on Aug. 22, 2010