do you or anybody you know .....?

A hotel ... That could maybe get us a good discount ? to help us while we are at my daughter Navy boot camp graduation ?

tweetyfan

Asked by tweetyfan at 1:54 AM on Aug. 22, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Go to the Navy Lodge. It's right by RTC, and you can get a room since you are her parent. Give them a call. 847-689-1485 It's a good place, and the rooms are nice. Hoo-rah!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:56 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

• When are you looking at? If you don't mind driving an extra 30 miles, hotels in Kenosha are about half of what you would pay in Gurnee. I live in the area and I know it's near impossible to get good rates for boot camp graduation.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 1:56 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

• musicpisces we thought about that but we dont have alot of money and was atleast trying to get a place with a pool . so we could at least do that ... And how far from base are they though ? Lzsarejman...... I wouldnt mind except we get to pick her up for 4 days .and take her back at night .. The cheapest we found was 50 a night ...
    tweetyfan

Comment by tweetyfan (original poster) at 2:00 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

• I just had a friend from MO come up to see her son graduate boot camp. She stayed with us instead of getting a hotel. They picked up her son at 8 in the morning for liberty and dropped him off at 8 when he had to be back.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 2:02 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

• how long did it take to get back and fourth ?
    tweetyfan

Comment by tweetyfan (original poster) at 2:03 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

• My husband makes the drive every day and it takes him about a half hour depending on traffic.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 2:04 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

• Instead of trying to get a pool, the main base (NAVSTA) actually has nice beaches on Lake Michigan, which is warm this time of year. They're really close to the base, and if I remember right (it's been 7 years since I graduated, so my memory is a bit fuzzy), they have a shuttle between the base and the Lodge. It's pretty close, though, as in less than a mile away. From Kenosha you can take the train in, depending on where you are staying, I imagine. It might be worth saving money on a rental car and/or trying to get back and forth from far away to stay at the Navy Lodge. It's only about $65 a night, so the $15 a night difference is probably worth it.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 2:26 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

• If you are going to go the navy lodge route, you have to make the reservations ASAP. It is pretty nice. We stayed there when we were house hunting. The lake is nice depending on the weather. There used to be a pool on base but it shut down.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 2:38 AM on Aug. 22, 2010

• I was in the Navy and I also recommend the Navy Lodge.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 8:38 AM on Aug. 22, 2010